Anger and Fear

Here is the next installment of this story, thank you all for the support!

Freya is now Nevaeh, I didnt like having two F names so I changed it (:

Sofia barely spoke to her mother that morning, she got up on her own and got herself breakfast before Demi was even downstairs with Faith and Nevaeh. She packed her own lunch, something she hates doing and always insisted that her mother did it for her. By the time she had Faith sitting with her breakfast, Sofia was getting dressed to go out to her bus stop, twenty minutes earlier than she ever did.

The only thing she said to her mom was a short bye before she closed the door. Demi watched her walk down the driveway and down the road with her hands shoved in the pockets of her black coat. Demi could see her clearly unbrushed blonde curls sneaking out from under her hat and she shook my head with a sigh, it was something Demi also always did for her in the morning.

An hour later, Faith was on the bus and Demi was alone with the baby. Wilmer had to run to work that morning but would be back in the afternoon. It was Monday, both the girls had dance tonight so she worked on getting their dance bags ready to keep her mind off of Sofia.

Faith's pink dance bag was the easiest to pack, the girl would wear her ballet clothes to dance and just put her ballet shoes on when she got to the studio. Then, after ballet, she would change into her tap clothes and shoes with Demi's help. Along with a water bottle, that was everything she needed. Sofia, on the other hand, had a huge duffle bag filled with so much. Through the week she had recreational tap, ballet, lyrical, hip-hop, musical theater and acro while on Saturday she had both her solo's, competitive lyrical, contemporary, tap, ballet, hip-hop and stretch class.

She had two outfits for ballet, burgundy for recreational and black for the intermediate competition team. For all of her tap classes, she had to be in tan tights, a black leo and shorts with her tap shoes. Her solos, lyrical , contemporary and acro classes all had to have turners and they could wear whatever they pleased. Hip-hop was any kind of sneaker and musical theater was just bare feet or socks. 

Sofias duffle bag was unpacked and repacked with everything she needed, plus some extra tights incase she needed them. She carried both of their bags down to the front door and stuck them on their hooks, she would put their lunch bags with snacks and water in them later on in the afternoon.

Demi sat down on the couch and sighed, the silence of her house was depressing. Nevaeh was asleep in her crib upstairs and she had accomplished everything she had set out to do that day within a few hours. The kitchen was spotless, their bags were packed, the living room was tidy. The only rooms left for me to go through were the girls room.

Nevaeh's room was spotless, there was nothing for her to do in there yet as she was only a few days old. Faithlyn's room was trashed, toys, books and coloring pages spread across the room. Demi spent the next twenty minutes organizing her middle child's room. Toys were put back in their bins, coloring pages were organized in her dresser and all the dress up and normal clothing was hung back in her closet.

The next room Demi tackled was her defiant little girl, so wasnt as much of a little girl anymore. She pushed open the door and looked into the room. The walls were painted a light gray like all the other rooms in the house, and the dark purple bedding was sloppily made, as per usual. The eleven-year-old still played with toys, but it was not as much as her younger sister.

Demi carefully picked up the Littlest Pet Shops and stuffed animals that were scattered across her desk and floor. She put them in their desired places and opened up her drawer of her desk to write her a little note, something her mother used to do for her when they had arguments.

When she moved the bin of markers in the drawer she noticed a balled up piece of paper towel at the way back of her desk drawer. Demi frowned, reaching back and pulling them out. When she uncrumpled them her breath caught in her throat, small deep red lines scattered across the several pieces of paper.

She then took out the bucket of markers and behind where the tissues had been she found an sharpener, the blades were still in it but she was instantly filled with worry and anxiety.

She recalled a time when her daughter began scratching herself to relieve her anxiety from the death of Amelia, but that hadnt been something they had worried about because it was just an anxiety thing.

Demi spent a while sitting on Sofia's bed, looking around the room as she held the items in her hand. Her mind went back to a time so long ago, being fourteen years old and being so addicted to drugs, self harm and alcohol. She hadnt cared about her life or where she was going, but she got help. She changed it around, and her life got a million times better from there. She didnt want her daughter to fell this way, this is how it started for Demi, things changing and turning towards partying.

She was pulled from her thoughts when Nevaeh started crying from her room, Demi sighed and stood from the bed. She tucked everything back into the drawer, she needed to figure this out first. Demi moved into the babies room and smilied softly at the swaddled infant.

Demi couldnt believe that she gave birth to such a beautiful little girl, she had three beautiful little girls but only one had she felt grow in her stomach. That didnt change how much she loved her other girls, she wished she had been able to give birth and fell her other two grow. 

"Hello there, baby girl." She grinned, picking up the stretching infant. As she moved from her babies room to go back downstairs, her phone rang downstairs. She quickly made her way downstairs and got to the phone just in time.

"Hello?" She spoke, putting the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she grabbed a bottle from the cupboard to make a bottle for Nevaeh. She stuck it under the bottle maker and let it go.

"Hello, may I please speak to Mrs. Demi Lovato?" A womans voice spoke.

"This is her, how may I help you?" Demi replied, confused slightly.

"Hello, this is Mrs. Robinson, I am the principle at Rockville Middle School. I am calling on behalf of your daughter Sofia." The woman spoke, Demi frowned deeply.

"Oh, okay. What about Sofia?" Demi questioned, putting the nipple on the bottle and sticking it into the fussing baby's mouth as she sat down on the couch.

"She has been suspended." Demis mouth dropped open and she stammered to find words to reply to the older woman on the phone. What had her daughter done?

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote and follow! (: