89

The next couple days dragged on, I bit my finger nails and waited for Kalum to appear again, but he never showed up again. Sofia had a couple almost panic attacks when she heard knocking or anything that was remotely close to the sound of our loud doorbell.

Nick was trying to convince me to report it, but for now, I felt like there was no point, and I felt that we should be taking Amelia to a doctor, as her headaches, pain and throwing up had yet to go away, Nick told me his mother said that with children, illnesses can last up to two weeks, but I have never seen anything like this in any kids I've been around.

Amelia spent her time sitting in her bed with the iPad she had received for Christmas on Netflix watching TV shows with her pink throw up bucket. She had taken almost all of the bottle of kids grovel, but it seemed to not be helping her.

I sat at the island while everyone slept peacefully. The christmas tree still shone brightly in the corner of the room while I sipped water from the mug I had taken out of our organized cupboards. I yawned softly, resting my mug against my lips as I heard a soft patter of feet coming down the hallway. I looked over towards where the hallway met the kitchen steps and was faced with the tired look of my six year old.

"Hi, baby girl." I said quietly as she climbed up into the stood next to me. I smiled as she leaned into my side with a yawn. She grabbed onto my hand and squeezed it tightly, linking our fingers together. My hand was so much bigger than hers, but yet they fit together perfectly.

"Hi, momma." Sofia softly whispered, looking up at me with these big, beautiful eyes that I had come to know very well. Sofia was my little girl, my everything. I had known her for about a year and a half, but I felt like I had known her my entire life. She was everything I wanted in life, she made me complete.

"You know, Kalum can't hurt you, right?" I told her, stroking my fingers across her cheek and she nodded, shooting closer to me as we sat together. She played with my fingers, something both her and Amelia do when tired or stressed out, its just a kid thing I guess.

"Mommy and daddy wont let him hurt you." I told her, remembering the times when both Sofia and I had trusted him, I remember the day she had wanted to call him daddy, it seemed like forever ago, but it was just a couple months ago.

"And Amelia?" She asked, very found of her little sister, she was so protective of her, Sofia had spend a couple hours a day sitting in Amelia's bed with her, playing her hair like I had always done to Sofia and my mother to me. I was worried about her getting sick, but she showed no signs of it and I made sure she showered and washed her hands after spending time with her sister.

"Of course, and Amelia, I won't let him get to any of you, you three are my family, and I love you all so much." I told her, kissing her head softly. She nodded her head in agreement and sat up slightly, hugging me as I threaded my fingers threw her hair.

yeah. hope you like it. bye.