Chapter Twenty Two

"Jacob!" The kids yelled as soon as he walked through the doors. His legs were soon covered in kids hanging onto him as he tried to walk.

His eyes met mine, and he smiled at me. "Gorgeous," he mouthed.

I shook my head, and turned back to the table, where I was cleaning the mess that the kids made this afternoon at lunchtime.

I heard Sydney call from the playroom, and all the kids let go of Jacob to run and join Sydney.

"Are you ready?" His arms snaked around my waist, causing me to squirm. I was ticklish.

"For what?" I asked, and turned around in his arms, looking up into his eyes.

"You know..." he trailed off. "My parents."

Jacob invited Rose and I to go back home with him for holidays. Sydney would be coming along since they were her parents as well.

I was a bit nervous to be meeting Jacob's parents, but I knew Jacob would help me through it.

"When do we leave?" I asked him, needing a reminder.

"Tomorrow morning. You should be packed tonight. It'll be an early morning." His parents lived almost a day's drive away.

"Okay, I'll make sure Rose and I are finished tonight. Lots of warm clothing," I confirmed.

"Yes, it's chilly there." His fingers on my hips began to trace shapes through my shirt. I tried not to squirm, but I couldn't help it. I let out a giggle.

"Mm, you're ticklish."

The shaking of my head must not have been very convincing because he continued to tickle me, causing me to let out small squeals as I tried to hold back my laughter.

"Jacob!" I finally managed to get out, "stop it."

I leaned up and found his lips with mine, his fingers immediately stopped tickling, and found my waist, pulling me closer. The perfect way to distract him. I smiled against his lips.

"You need to go back to work," I gave him a slight push towards the door. "See you tomorrow morning."

"See you gorgeous." I smiled at him, watching him walk away until I couldn't see him anymore.

~~~

The next morning came way too quickly, and before I knew it, Rose and I were carrying our suitcases out to the living room to wait.

I sat on the couch, and Rose curled up next to me, her eyes already closed.

The knock came a few minutes later. I squeezed out from under Rose, and made my way to the door.

Sydney was dressed in a pair of sweats and a long sleeve t-shirt. I glanced down at my similar outfit, and smiled. I helped carry the suitcases out to the car before going back to get Rose. Before I got there, Jacob had Rose in his arms, buckling her into the backseat. He was going to be the first driver of the day.

He glanced over at me, "I didn't know you had glasses."

"My eyesight is terrible," I told him. I normally wore contacts, but I didn't want to put them in this morning.

"Ready?" He asked both Sydney and I.

I checked my pockets to make sure I had everything that I needed on me, and nodded. "Ready."

The first few hours of the trip were spent talking, and trying to stay awake. For the most part, it didn't work. I ended up dozing off next to Rose in the backseat.

I felt a jolt, and my eyes burst open. I let out a small noise, "hmm."

"You're awake sleepyhead." I heard Jacob from the front.