Chapter Twenty Six

I awoke to the smell of something delicious wafting around me.

I opened my tired eyes, rubbed the sleep out of them, and sat up. I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from, until I heard my bedroom door open. I figured it was Rose, coming to wake me up. That was, until I saw a taller figure come through the doorway. I squinted my eyes, trying to see who it was. I reached to my nightstand to grab my glasses and slide them on.

The tall figure was Jacob.

"What are you doing here?" I managed to mumble.

He shot me a sheepish smile. "Rose let me in."

I rolled my eyes, of course she did.

His hair was ruffled, like he had run his hands through it multiple times, yet he was dressed in jeans and a navy blue tee shirt.

As I was checking him out, I noticed that he had a platter in his hands. There was a plate of food on it. I felt a grin break way onto my face.

"You didn't?"

"I did." He replied.

He set the plate down on the side table beside me, and made his way over the other side of the bed, where he plopped himself down beside me.

I looked at the food on the plate: chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs. My favorite breakfast food.

"Is it safe to eat?" I joked.

"Of course it is," he replied, poking me in the side.

I took a bite of the pancake, "mm, this is delicious." I smiled up at him. "It's better than my own pancakes, you better give me the recipe."

"I have a lot planned for you today. You might want to shower and get dressed soon." Jacob's eyes were gleaming, he looked like he was hiding something.

"What is it?" I questioned. He wasn't the best at keeping secrets, so I thought I may be able to squeeze it out of him.

"I can't tell you."

"I can make you though," I grinned at him, leaning over to give him a kiss.

"And that is why I won't be staying." He got up off the bed, avoiding my kiss.

Jacob and I were planning to go out for dinner tonight, but I didn't think we had anything else planned, guess I was wrong.

"Rose, it's your turn," he called out of my room. She came running in, a smile on her face. She was already dressed in a light blue dress.

I guess I had slept in since I was the only one who wasn't ready.

"Did you bring it?" Jacob asked Rose.

Her hands were behind her back, and she nodded at him.

She took a few steps closer to me, and handed whatever was behind her back to Jacob before backing away to the doorway again.

"This," Jacob told me, pulling a single red rose from behind his back with an envelope attached, "is for you. And you can't open the envelope until you are showered and dressed. Rose will make sure of that."

I reached out for it, confused as to what was going on. "I'll see you tonight Ally." He leaned across the bed, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Be ready by 10 so you're not late."

I watched him walk away, and heard the door close. I still didn't know how to react.

"Come on mom," Rose told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed. She had recently started calling me mom, and I still couldn't stop the smile that erupted on my face everytime it came out of her mouth. "I'll put your dishes in the sink. Go get ready."