33. Tricia's pov

I happily sipped on my coffee, silently dreading having to start the school work in the next room. Vladimir sitting quietly, eyeing me as though I might rip his head off at any second.

While it sounds like a good idea, if he doesn't stop. I'm perfectly content to let him stare. After all, the man has seen me naked on multiple occasions.

Alfred spoke up, something in the Romanian language. Promoting Vladimir to smile, but his eyes. His eyes still held the worry, but worry for what, that I wasn't sure on.

"I shall leave the two of you alone. Please refrain from making the kitchen dirty." Alfred said politely, exiting to go and greet the school girls who had come to clean. Vladimir stood, and I followed to the dining room.

I could have cringed in pain at all the school books. "I know I've been letting you be lazy, but that changes today. Plus my mother has been getting onto me about having no work assignments turned in." He seemed to shrink a bit at the mention of his mother, I stifled a giggle.

Katie was outside the door, chattering to the girls. I was glad she was allowed to see them. "Katie, please, times being wasted." Vladimir said looking to the door. "Oh hush, she doesn't exactly get to see them. Let her chat." I try to defend her, only to receive a glare. I gladly returned the favor, and got a pout of defeat from him.

From the stories, Vladimir Valentine was a scary, evil monster. But he just seemed to be a big old teddy bear.

I take a seat and begin the material expected of me, with Katie joining a few minutes later. She apologized profusely about it. Despite Vladimir being a pain, she took my word for it over his. "It's fine, really. It's not like you get to see them often."

The truth was, she wouldn't be able to see her friends. As long as she was considered Vladimir's pet. She wouldn't be allowed off the castle grounds. I felt bad for her. It was bad enough I wasn't allowed, but to subject her to it too. I felt bad, guilty even.

She was the smartest in the school, so I was happy about that.

Several hours later, I slammed my head down onto the last subject book. "Am I not done yet?" I whined, Katie simply laughed. "We are on the last subject, at least. Unfortunately for you. It's also got an essay to be written." She smiled sympathetically.

I was three or four weeks behind her on the subjects. So after all my hard work was turned in. Vladimir had said she'd be returning to the school to finish out her junior year, along with tutoring me. "Why don't we take a break and get some food, it is well past lunch time." She must have been reading my mind.

We walked to the kitchen, Alfred was cooking something. Not that I was sure what he was cooking. "Ah, you two are finally hungry? It's almost 4:30." I smiled as Katie seemed to giggle. "I had a lot to catch up on." He nodded in agreement. "I've made Irish stew. With lamb, of course." He seemed so proud of himself.

Me and Katie each got a bowl, she dug into it like she was starved. Alfred was tidying up, whistling a tune. "Hey Alfred, why don't you eat?" I tilted my head as he smiled. "Alfred doesn't eat, he chooses not to." Came Vladimir's voice, as his arms snaked around me.

Katie had a perplexed look on her face. "Vampires eat food, but can choose to not eat? How do they get sustenance to not feed on humans?" Alfred chuckled at Katie's innocence. "That's just it, I guess you could say I'm the monster from the stories." He smiled, flashing his fangs a bit.

Katie shrunk down in fear. "Don't worry sweet cheeks. I only go after hookers who won't be missed." Vladimir smiled into my neck, lifted his head and gave Katie a smile. "Don't worry. He's bluffing. He's got a donor who for generations of her family has brought him blood. He couldn't sustain on food." Vladimir seemed to pause as if he were thinking about something. "It doesn't make us monsters to have to drink blood by itself. But there are a few vampires who have forgotten their humanity all together on an all blood diet."

I hadn't ever seen him really space out much. It was kinda worrisome. It was as though he was reliving a memory. Katie seemed to calm down, looking at me. "So did he turn you?" Vladimir looked stunned, and I remained silent. Unsure of how to answer, seeing as I really didn't feel different aside from my senses.

"That's still undetermined, fledglings don't look different very often." Vladimir smiled to her kindly. Although I knew it wasn't an insult, it didn't feel much like a compliment. I sighed and stood. "I think I want a nap." I said calmly, excusing myself for a few hours to be alone.

--

It was almost 12:45 in the morning, I was lurking the halls of the castle. I sighed, sneaking back... Ok not really sneaking, I simply walked back to the bedroom I shared with Vladimir.

He was already asleep, snoring peacefully. You'd think a vampire would sleep a bit more gracefully. No, one leg was on the bed, The other hanging off. One hand rest near his head, the other across his stomach.

He looked like a normal, human male. I took a seat at the vanity, staring at myself. "The plan had been for me to be like my brother." Came Sarah's voice in my head. "You wanted to be a vampire? But my grandfather isn't a monster. He's such a caring man." I mumbled but knew she could hear and understand me. "I know that he's not a monster. I wished to be a pure blood like him, and Vladimir." She appeared in the mirror in my place and seemed at peace.

"Unfortunately, I won't return in your spirit to see my brother. So make sure he's at peace always." With that she vanished. I felt confusion, but ignored it as I heard Vladimir shift in the sheets and mumble something about a cookie.

Oh how I wished this whole being a vampire thing came with a manual, or instruction book.

--

Maybe I'll do a chapter in Vladimir's pov, or maybe Katie's from the day she was taken from the school and up until now. What do y'all think?

Make sure to vote for the chapters and let me know what you think! Tootles!!