31.

Vladimir sighed, as he reached the castle. He felt a pain in his chest, one he hadn't felt in such a long time. He walked to his room, and creeped the door open. Peeking inside he noticed she was gone. His shoulders' slumped.

He had hoped she would still be in the room. He walked to her room, the one she stayed in, in the beginning.

Opening the door, it was empty. That is, except for unpacked boxes. Again he sighed, feeling as though he may not find her at all.

Vladimir turned and nearly jumped from his skin, Alfred blinking at him blankly. "For god's sake Alfred, how many times have I told you to not sneak up on me?" Alfred shrugged nonchalantly, his expression blank. "If you're looking for miss Brannon, might I suggest the gardens? She's out watching the snow fall tonight." Alfred spoke calmly, walking towards Vladimir's room. Vladimir rushed to the gardens.

He found her sitting in the gazebo, drawing a picture. He was happy that she was doing her art again. Walking over it was a picture of an owl.  A snow owl, to be exact.

Vladimir snapped a twig under his boot as he approached her, getting a icy glare in return. "What?" Vladimir leapt up onto the railing beside her and crouched. "You're mad at me." It was more of a knowing sentence. Of course, she wasn't mad at him. Not really, anyways.

Tricia lowered her pencil and her shoulders slumped slightly. "Look, I'm sorry for what I did to you this morning. Honestly, I'm not mad at what you did." She'd explain, staring at the owl in the picture.

Vladimir watched her, before looking away. "I have some confessing to do, but as cold as its gonna drop. I'd rather be inside, what about you?" He looked back to her, she had laid her head against his leg and dozed off.

He smiled, laying her back onto the bench gently. He moved and lifted her up bridal style. Her nose was a light pink, and her lips were a red sort of color.

He held her so she could possibly warm up. As he stepped inside, he had a maid go grab her stuff from the gazebo. He carried her to their room, laying her down and curling up next to her. He couldn't imagine losing Tricia, losing Sarah was bad enough on its own.

--

Tricia awoke to her stomach growling in pain. Vladimir wasn't in the bed, however. She looked around the room, noticing it was very quiet.

She got up and walked down the halls, her fingers trailing the walls as she did. She found her way to the main stairs and looked around. She could hear a crying sound coming from the ball room.

She followed it, the lights in the ball room were on. Blinking, she pushed the doors open.

The heat and smell of blood filled the air. Her pulse raced. Vampires amongst vampires surrounded the ball room. Young girls in chains in the middle.

Tricia looked around, her eyes caught Vladimir sitting boredly. She managed to sneak closer to him. "Hey, what's going on?" Vladimir side glanced her and patted his lap. "Sit here so others don't think you're for sell." Tricia did as told, laying her head on his shoulder. "Why are they selling these girls?" She whispered into his ear.

He sighed and got close to her ear as they began the auction. "Maids, slaves, feeders, and sexual submissives." Tricia curled into him, tearing up. "Would you buy any?" He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Only maids. Mother has begged me to stop..." He cut himself off sighing. "I'll explain it later ok?" He'd purr into her ear. Alfred made his way over and lead Tricia away from the area.

Within the kitchen's safety, Alfred began making some food for her. "Begged him to stop what?" She finally piped up, getting Alfred's attention. "To stop taking the school girls, feeding from them, charming them, sleeping with them." Tricia frowned and rubbed her finger over the lip of her orange juice. "So he buys girls to keep as maids?" Alfred nodded, just as one came in. "He saved Julia, and many others from the life of being slaves and sexual puppets." Alfred said, as the maid looked at them. "You're talking about me?" She'd ask, blinking at them. "Relax, lady Brannon was simply asking about the auctions." Julia narrowed her eyes. "I was bought thirty years ago, by Alfred pretending to be the lord. You talk about an auction from hell." She scoffed and walked off.