mnemophobia

mnemophobia: the fear of memories, either by remembering past events or fearing memory loss

>>>>> month seven <<<<<

her

"what are you thinking?! are you insane?" her father demands, pacing around in front of her. luna looks up at him from the floor she seated herself upon, rolling her eyes for the thousandth time that day.

"i was just talking to a neighbor, dad." she smirk, batting her eyelashes innocently at him knowing how much he hates it.

"he's not just a neighbor! oh no, he wants one thing from you and he thinks because you're new here he can just swoop in---"

"richard!" her mum snaps, "he looked like a nice boy." defending a boy she doesn't even know, that's pre-disease mum; luna hasn't seen this side of her mother since she was diagnosed. it was rather refreshing.

"nice, my ass." her dad scoffs, "he's a punk and i don't want you near him."

luna laughs, shaking her head at him. "seriously? you going to forbid me from going to school too? if you hadn't noticed i'm already dying, what's this guy going to do that could be worse than that?!" shouting she jumped up from the floor, struggling to keep her breathing under control.

"luna..." her mum sighs, taking her daughters hand in hers gently, "you need to calm down sweetheart."

"calm down, are you kidding me?! you can't control everything in my life like this, i don't have much time left so just let me live for once!" luna storms off with nothing left to say. stomping up the stairs like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum she ignores all pleas for her to return downstairs to continue their "family meeting". instead she decides to select her room.

scuffing her boots over the wooden floor she finds the largest room in the house, pleased to find a full bathroom attached to it. logically she knows there will be times her body is too weak to make it up the stairs but the added bath will keep her nosy parents from just walking into the bathroom while she's puking her guts up.

sighing luna paces around the room finally leaning her elbows on the window frame, gazing down the street getting a direct view of luke's house. three boys are walking towards the front door, each walking with their own distinct swagger, and silently she hopes luke is the one who answers, dying to get one more glimpse of him tonight.

stalker alert, luna, c'mon don't be so damn creepy.

the boys are greeted by a women, who she assumes is luke's mother, and quickly ushered inside. she sighs yet again, turning away from the window trying to imagine herself a part of their little group, quietly laughing at her pathetic feat when it comes to friendship. she settles on just stay away from them, they wouldn't want someone like her around anyway, she comes with too much destruction.