Last Night Together (DiodeShipping)

This is really it, huh? Our last night to spend together... Our last night to talk face to face before he travels to Alola. Thought a bespectacled gym leader.

The day had gone by slowly for the Kalos gang of four. Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont had spent their last real day with Ash, swimming near the water airport.

None of the gang wanted to break apart, but they knew they all would have to. Serena had decided to follow her dream of becoming Kalos Queen, Ash was continuing his journey to become a Pokémon Master, Bonnie was going to stay with Clemont of course, but... Clemont? He was going to take over the Lumious City Gym once more since Clembot had been destroyed by Team Flare.

Clemont knew deep down that he would never repair Clembot before Ash would leave, but he tried. Of course since he rushed to repair Clembot, there wasn't too much TLC, but at least most of the robot was fixed up.

Why couldn't Ash have waited until after I finished repairing Clemont to leave?

The blonde gym leader kept his formed tears from falling as he waited for Ash to finished changing into his pajamas.

"Clemont, I'm finished changing. You can come in the tent now." Ash called from within the tent that he shared with the blonde.

Entering the tent, Clemont smiled to Ash. He eyed over the ravenette for a moment before looking away.

Not noticing the sadness in the blonde's expression, Ash layed down in his sleeping bag. His eyes glazed with tiredness from his day from swimming.

"You know something, Clemont. I'm really going to miss camping out with you every night. It was fun being able to hang out with you all this time in Kalos."

The words took the inventor by surprise. He never expected the Pikachu trainer to say that he enjoyed the company of the blonde.

"R-really? You mean that?"

Chuckling, Ash sat up in his sleeping bag. Pikachu took this moment to enter the tent. He rubbed his little eyes and smiled to the blonde, who was still standing up, holding onto a lanturn.

The ravenette pat his electric type Pokémon before replying back to Clemont.

"Of course I mean it! Your a really talented person! Your invention made me realize each day just how amazing science is! If it weren't for you saving me my first day in Kalos, I'd probably be with a pair of crutches!"

Clemont sat down quickly as soon as Ash stopped talking. He let his held back tears fall, a smile on his face.

"Woah! Clemont are you okay? Was it something I said?" Ash asked surprised. He was fully out of his sleeping bag, holding the inventors shoulders.

Looking up, Clemont also held onto Ash's shoulders. The two stared into each other's eyes. They smiled and hugged each other for the first time that night.

"Everything is fine. I'm just going to miss you so very much when you leave tomorrow." Clemont whispered into the ravenette's right ear.

Pulling away, Ash smiled brightly. He reached for something that Pikachu was holding and handed it to Clemont.

"I was planning on giving you this tomorrow, but now seems a like a good time as any to give it to you now."

Taking what looked like a ceramic, Clemont smiled.

The item Ash had given Clemont was a mini ceramic key chain of Ash himself!

Looking back up to Ash, Clemont smiled even more.

"I'll carry it with where ever I go! Thank you so much!"

The ravenette scratched his nose in embarrassment. He nodded a your welcome before holding his fist out.

Clemont, using the same hand that held the Ash ceramic, fist bumped with Ash.

Thank you for everything, Ash.

"I'll always be here for you."