Chapter 3 (1/2)

Ruby's POV

Derek was the first to volunteer, but before he could go to the locker room and change into his clothes, Professor Goodwitch asks who he wants to spar with. He takes a look at team HELR and then turn his head to team CRDL, he gives them an evil smile. "I want to spar with Cardin." Why would he want to spar with him? Why didn't he choose Lily or me? I would have love to see his weapons on a one on one fight with him!

"Oh no." Lily said, my team and I turn around to team HELR seating behind us. "What's wrong?" Yang asks "Isn't it obvious! Derek wants to fight him, so he can beat him up for what he did at lunch." Weiss said, I don't see anything wrong with that. Cardin's nothing, but a bully! "Maybe he'll brake his legs!" Nora said, catching our attention. "Hopefully not, I don't want Derek to go too far with his revenge plan." Pyrrha tries to calm Lily down. "I'm sure Derek wouldn't do anything extreme. I mean he's sparring in front of an entire class!" Lily calmed down a bit, but I could still see worry in her eyes. "Besides Hector had already beaten up Cardin!" said Riley "Speaking of Hector, where is he?" asked Ren "He's hanging with team CVFY." Edward responded pointing across the arena. Ever since Hector beat up Cardin he's been seeing Velvet more often.

Finally Derek came out wearing his average clothes, this time without his shades and a bulletproof vest under his leather jacket. Cardin soon came out after wearing his armor. Professor Goodwitch told them the rules and the two get ready to fight. "You're going down mutt!" Cardin goes for an overhead swing at Derek, but he slides under him and uses his mini scythe to trip him. "I'm sorry what was that?" Derek said with a smile, he lets Cardin get back up and into his fighting stance. Cardin runs at him swinging for his head, Derek ducks down, changes his mini scythes into pistols and fires at him. Cardin goes across the arena and hits the wall. He gets back up with growl.

"I'm going to put you down like the animal you are!" He swings again at Derek, this time he blocks it hooking the shaft of the mace. "Why so mad? Did mommy not give you enough love or was your dad a drinker?"

At that moment Cardin kneed Derek in the stomach, causing him to fall to his knees. Before he can get back up Cardin swings upward at Derek's face as hard as he can. Derek goes flying to a wall and lands on the hard floor. His vision must've been blurred, because when he got up he closed his eyes and shook his head. Before could recover Cardin does an overhead attack, sending him back to the ground. He tries to finish him, but Derek rolls out the way, jumps up, and hooks Cardin's neck pulling for a knee, then a back flip kick.

He switches his mini scythes back to pistols and fires at him. Cardin blocks half of the bullets with mace as he charges at Derek. "Trying to block my bullets with a mace! How stupid are yo- OH SHIT!" He cussed, as Cardin swings his mace at him like a baseball bat with Derek just barley dodging it in time. "Language!" Yelled Professor Goodwitch "English ma'am!" Derek said, making me and the rest of the class laugh.

As they continue the fight, I look across arena to see Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury closely watching Derek. Cinder and Emerald seem impressed, Mercury didn't look that impressed. Oh! I should introduce Derek to them. I also notice a bat faunus with them, he seemed a little off to me. He's just staring at Derek.

I go back to watching the fight, Cardin looks like he has the upper hand. They both clash weapons again, this time Cardin lifts up his mace and kicks Derek's stomach. Derek's mini scythes go flying behind Cardin, disarming him. Cardin swings at him, but he ducks under his attack and punches Cardin's left knee, then his um....crotch. He then knees his face causing him to fall on his back, Derek jumps on him and started to punch his face. After three or two punches Cardin was knocked out, but Derek kept on punching. "Oh crap!" Lily said with fear in her voice, I take closer look at him and notice his left eye has changed.