Chapter 8

After seeing Celia, Derek and I walked home. He was silent on the way there. I wanted to comfort him by holding his hand, but I was on right side. I decided to break the silence by apologizing for following him. "I'm sorry for following you." He stayed silent for a bit, but then answered. "I don't blame you for following me." He said.

"No! I invaded your privacy!" I exclaim. "It's fine really. Besides, it's nothing new. You've followed me before, this time was just a bad time." He said. I then felt a rain drop, I stick out my hand and more started coming. I put on my hood. "We should hurry home." I said. "It's just a drizzle. What is it? You afraid of lighting?" Responded Derek.

"No!" A loud boom and a flash of light came out of nowhere. By instinct I hug Derek, it then started raining. "Uh huh. Not afraid of lighting." Derek sarcastically said. "Don't worry Little Red the big bad wolf will keep you safe from the scary lighting!" He said to tease me. I let go of him and blow him a raspberry. He just giggles. Once we make it home, Derek went to the bathroom to change and I start changing into my pajamas.

"So, what was Derek doing on his time without us?" asked Blake. "Was he doing anything suspicious?" asked Weiss. "You came in with him. Did you get caught?" asked Yang. "Um.....Derek first went to a mechanic to sell his motorcycle, then he went to buy a bunch of food and gave it to the homeless." I answer leaving out the visit to his sister's grave. "That's it?" asked Weiss. "Yup!" I cheerfully say. "Note I only gave food and water to homeless faunus!" said Derek, wearing gray sweatpants and a white shirt.

"So um, the reason Ruby was following you was-" Blake tried to explain, but Derek stopped her. "It's cool, I understand. I don't exactly have a record of doing good things." He said.

"Well, I'm going to sleep." Derek laid down on the floor. I couldn't stand to see him sleep without a bed. Having one arm and seeing him breakdown crying, he deserves a bed! "You should sleep on one of the beds." I said.

"Yeah, highly doubt any of you are comfortable sharing a bed with me." He said. "Sleep without a shirt and I'll be very comfortable." Flirted Yang. This for some reason triggered me.

"No! I mean, he can sleep with me. We've done this back at Atlas." I said. "What!" exclaimed Yang as she activates her semblance. "I mean by sharing a bed, not what you're thinking!" I exclaim before Yang could knock out Derek a second time.

"Are you okay with this? I'm fine with sleeping on the floor." Derek said. "No, you should sleep on a bed for once." I said. Derek got up, Yang was giving him glares.

"I'll have Little Red sleep on my right side if it'll calm you down." He said. I climb up on the top bunk, I turn around and offer my hand to him. He chuckles, "You think you can lift me up?" He said. "My scythe is heavier than you." He chuckles some more and then takes my hand.

His hand feels rough and his grip was strong. It was a bit difficult to lift him up, but I was able to do it. "I only have one blanket, so we're going to have to share." I said.

I can feel my face blushing, my chest getting warm, and the butterflies in my tummy. "You can keep it. I've slept without a blanket before." He said. "But we've shared a blanket before." I said. "That was to keep each other warm." He said.

He's not getting out of this. "Well then I'm cold." I said. "Hi cold. I'm Derek, prince of all grimm." He sarcastically says. I pout at him not letting me get close to him.

"Tell ya what. Tell me why you want to cuddle and we'll share the blanket." he bargained. "I don't want to cuddle. I just want to use your soft hair and wolf ears as a pillow." I said. "Girls love the wolf ears. Alright go ahead, just make sure Yang doesn't punch me in the dick." He said.