Chapter 16

Ray's POV

I take one last look at myself in the mirror and walk over to get the door. I open the door to reveal................Simon holding a white rose and smiling in a tux.

"Hi Mini." I say.

"Wow......just wow. You look beautiful Ray." Simon says.

"Thanks." I say blushing. "You don't look half bad either."

"This rose is for you." Simon says handing me the white rose.

"How did you know I like white roses?" I ask taking the rose and smelling it.

"You tweeted about it once, saying your favorite flowers are white roses." Simon says.

"I can't believe you saw that." I say blushing even more.

"Well, shall we?" Simon says offering his arm.

"We shall." I say linking my arm with Simons as we walk out of my flat to the lift. This is going to be an amazing night. I can feel it.

*skip to the restaurant*

Simon and I walk up to the front desk.

"We have a reservation for Simon Minter party of two." Simon says.

"Oh yes, right this way." the lady says as we guides us to our table.

"How the hell did you get a reservation at this place?" I whisper to Simon.

"I know the owner and he owed me a favor." Simon whispers back as we reach the table.

"May I start you lovelies off with something to drink?" the lady asks after we sit down.

"I will just have a water please." I say smiling.

"I will also have a water." Simon says.

"Alright, I will be back with your drinks." the lady says as she walks away.

"Simon, you didn't have to go all out." I say smiling at him.

"I want to treat you right and show you how much you mean to me." Simon says making me blush.

"Well you are doing a good job so far. I have never been treated this well by a guy before." I say softly.

"May I ask what's happened?" Simon asks.

"Sure, back in high school I wasn't the most popular girl. I was a nerd, a band nerd to be more exact and no one in my year really liked or understood it. I always got judged for who I dated and what I did. But then I found the perfect guy, or so I thought. Turns out he bet that he could get with me and make me think he was into me. I was hurt and humiliated." I say.

"I'm so sorry you were put through that." Simon says grabbing and holding my hand from across the table.

"It's fine. It only made me stronger. I'm still here right? I'm living my life and I'm happy and couldn't be happier." I say smiling.

"You are so strong. So why don't we truly get to know each other?" Simon suggests.

"Sure." I say smiling.

*after dinner*

"I had a really good night." I say to Simon as we are walking to his car.

"Me too Ray." Simon says.

"Want to come over and watch movies in my room for the night?" I ask.

"Sure, sounds fun but I should probably stop by the house and get something to change into." Simon says as we get into his car.

"No need, I have old joggers and a shirt at my place." I say.