Chapter 58

Ray's POV

I wake up on my computer chair with tear stain on my joggers, messy hair and probably red eyes. I grab my phone off my desk and check the time seeing it's only nine in the morning. I quietly get off my desk chair, grab my glasses, phone and silently make my way to the door of my room. I look at Simon sleeping peacefully in my bed before a tear escapes from my eye and runs down my cheek as I leave my room and head into the kitchen.

I grab a glass from the cabinet and fill it with water before sitting at the island and scrolling through Twitter trying to lighten my mood.

After about fifty minutes of being active on Twitter and finishing my glass of water, I put the glass in the sink and grab my phone as I make my way towards the living area. I take a seat on the couch with my phone in my hand and kind of just space out until someone calls my name.

"Ray?" Biker asks from behind me making me jump.

"Oh, Hey Biker." I say quietly not really trusting my voice.

"What's wrong?" Biker asks as she comes and sits next to me.

"Do I even have to say it anymore?" I ask softly.

"Well, since we moved here a lot has happened but since you said that, my guess is that your mom found out?" Biker asks.

"Yep. She did. I got a text from her before I went to bed and spent a solid hour crying in my computer chair silently. I didn't want to wake up Simon because he was asleep already." I say quietly.

"What did she say in the text?" Biker asks and I just hand her my phone and let her read it herself because I didn't trust myself to say it without me crying.

After Biker finishes reading the text she says, "Ray, this is just, what the fuck? A mother shouldn't be saying shit like that!" Biker shouts. "You can't let this eat you. You have so many friends here now and a boyfriend who I know for a fact loves you more than anyone else. More than I can. Parents are parents and they think that sometimes we aren't human and that we don't have feelings. I know what it's like to be called worthless remember? Also, you're now 21 and you have the right and money to live on your own where ever you want. You can't let your mom control you or knock you down. You haven't before."

"But this is different. I thought I had finally escaped her but instead she comes right back up into my life. It's so unfair." I say as tears start escaping my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. Biker pulls me into a hug and let's my cry silently on her shoulder.

"Life is always unfair. My father always said for there to be ups, there has to be downs. It's big roller coaster we're all riding. I know you wanted to escape but she found out and now it's time to face the facts and tell the truth." Biker says.

"But I don't want to talk to her. I don't want to see her again." I say.

"That's why there is text messaging." Biker says.

"Why was she even at my old place anyway? What purpose did she have going there?" I ask to no one in particular.

"You know what purpose she had? She wanted to probably say happy birthday even though it was a day late. You know that despite all this she still cares and loves you It might've been late but she probably was busy and got caught up with some things including work or your sister." Biker tells me.

"I guess you're right. How exactly do I respond? I'm so ugh about this right now." I say.

"Just respond as though she didn't say the last part. Tell her that you moved to London with a friend as you had the money to do so and are a full grown adult." Biker says.