eleven

next update:

[40 votes and 20 comments]

The forced smile fell from Louis' lips and his gaze hardened. "What's up?That's all you gonna say? WHAT'S UP?" Louis screamed, making the young boy whimper and reach out for his daddy.

Liam picked the boy up and glared at Louis. "Shut your mouth, Lou."

"Niall is dying and you aren't even bothered? What is wrong with you?" Louis asked in desperation.

Liam sighed and pinched is nose. He settled down on the couch and let his son cuddle into his chest.

"Nothing is wrong with me, Lou, but I don't know what you expect me to do. I can't be with him, it was a weak moment. I can't risk everything just for him. I love him, Lou, I really do, but sometimes you have to decide against your heart and follow your head, even though it hurts."

"He's dying for fucks sake!" Louis screamed, making James cower away even more.

Liam's glare hardened and he hoisted James up and went to leave. "Don't swear in front of him!" Liam said and turned to leave, when suddenly the door from Louis' guest room opened.

Out came Niall, who had nearly lost all his hair, his eyes only a dull grey with barely any life in them. The shirt he had burrowed from Louis was hanging from his shoulders, even though Niall and Louis were the same height.

Liam gasped when he saw Niall. "Niall?" he whispered. Niall barely turned his face to him, before straight out ignoring him and walking to Louis.

"What is he doing here?" Niall whispered with a scratchy voice since he hadn't used it for a few hours or days, he wasn't so sure.

Louis sighed. "He just came by and is leaving again, don't worry."

"Niall? Can I talk to you?" Liam asked suddenly.

Niall shook his head and walked by Liam again to go back to his room.
"Niall?" Liam shouted but he was simply ignored.

"Louis,why is he not talking to me? And why didn't you tell me how bad he looks?" Liam asked in a rush.

Louis laughed before getting serious again." You think I didn't tell? I told you he is going to die! But you didn't want to believe me!" Louis got louder and louder. "I didn't think it was this bad, I thought you were overexaggerating!"

"Liam, you should know by now, than I don't joke about these kind of things. But Niall, he was so hurt and I can understand him. I wouldn't want to talk to you either.
Please respect his discussion, if he chooses you, than he will come to you, but there is another way of helping him, but he is still refusing that one."

"What other way?" Liam asked and stared at Louis.

Louis sighed and looked to the ground. "Taking pills." "But why is he refusing? It would be such a easy way!"

"He would be losing the ability of getting children himself and that's something he never wants to happen! He loves children and he told me he wants a big family." With you, Louis adds silently. Liam sighs looking at his own son.

He loved having a family on his own and he couldn't imagine a life without James, his flesh and blood. He knew how great it was to have a family on his own.

Taking that away from someone seemed so cruel and he was doing exactly that to Niall.

"Why does all of this have to be so complicated?"
"It wouldn't be so complicated, if you didn't have that 'weak moment' like you like to call it."

"Louis, you need to understand! I have a son and a imperium to take over when my father retires, I can't risk it! Not for me, hell I wouldn't care about me, but my son, I don't want to take away his future just because o-of some guy!"

"So I'm just 'some guy' to you, but beforehand you claim to love me? What's the logic behind that?" They heard Niall say. Both of them gasped, since neither of them had heard the door opening.

Niall seemed to barely be able to stand and he was barely holding his eyes open, but he seemed determind.

"Niall, you need to underst-" "Don't worry Liam, I'm not gonna ruin your life. Don't wanna be a burden to you!"

Niall shortly glanced at Liam and his son. A small smile tugged at his lips and it beoke both of Liam and Louis' hearts, knowing what Niall was thinking.

That's never gonna happen to him!

Liam watched Niall and tears sprung to his eyes. He was refusing Niall, because of money, he only suffered from a broken heart, but Niall, he would either die or lose the ability of carrying children and he realised that he would still have a chance to provide for his family, even if it would only be as a cashier in some market.
But Niall, he would lose everything. And Liam believed that Niall wouldn't live long, knowing he would never get a family on his own and that's what made Liam decide.

"I accept you, Niall. Don't take the pills."

Niall only laughed but everyone realised it was not a good laugh.
He pulled out a small package from his pants pockets.

"It's too late, Liam." Niall said and showed them the pill pack that usely would fit about 20 pills in it, but there where only a few left. Maybe about two or three.

"I'm already infertile. The doctor checked me out yesterday."

With that hell broke lose.
Louis jumped up and ran to Niall, but the blonde only shook his head.
"Don't worry Louis, I'm fine." He said and even mustered a quite realistic smile.

I'm just breaking inside, he added silently.

_______________
Sorry for any mistakes this was written on my phone while flying!

Just got back to munich from London, god did I miss it but I'm also glad to be nearly back home again. Now I still got like 1 1/2 hours of bus driving before I can finally go back to bed. I'm reallly exhausted but here's the next chapter, enjoy it guys!
love you xx