Chapter 3

FAYE'S POV

It was official. I needed to get new friends. Reda and Beks had spent the last few hours cracking jokes about my silence during the interview. I groaned as they continued to joke about me while the cab drove on towards the club. Couldn't they see that I was just trying to be polite? You don't interrupt an important interview. Yeah...that's why I was completely mute.

"Maybe if we ply her with liquor she'll start being loud Faye again," Beks contemplated out loud.

"I don't know," Reda replied. "I kind of enjoy the quiet. Maybe we can rent out the boys when we need some peace and quiet."

"I swear on more joke and I'll—" I started to threaten. The cab finally pulled up to our stop and Beks paid the cab driver. Before I could say another word the cab door opened on its own, and I came face to face with Nick Jonas. I was starting to feel lightheaded again.

"Saved by the Jonas," Beks snickered. Nick reached out a hand and pulled me up out of the vehicle. The girls followed behind me as the Jonas brothers led us into the club. Initially I had been so excited to move to LA with my best friends. I loved the bright lights of Hollywood, and wanted to see it all. If I was honest with myself I would have to admit that I was just another screaming fan girl. The noise of the club music filled me with excitement as we walked over to the VIP section. I had never been in a VIP section before. I did my best to squash the squeals inside.

"How about I go get us drinks?" Kevin asked before walking away from the table. Without a single word Reda followed him. I watched as they walked away linking hands. When the hell did that happen? I looked over at Beks wondering if she saw, but the girl was way too focused on glaring at Joe. He appeared to be trying to convince her to dance. One thing I knew was that Beks and dancing do not mix. [AN: Seriously...I cannot dance.] Joe continued to pester her.

"Is it just me or is she actually growling?" Nick whispered in to my ear. I practically jumped three feet as his breath blew into my ear. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I whispered forcing Nick to lean closer to hear me. He smelled so good.

"Take Faye," Beks suddenly protested. "She actually likes to dance. Plus you reek of cologne."

"You totally want me," Joe said pulling her unwillingly onto the dance floor. I sighed. Joe had better be careful. Bek's bite was infinitely worse than her bark.

"Do you want to dance?" Nick asked smiling at me. My mouth went dry as he smiled at me. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

"See, I told you," Reda said walking over with Kevin and our drinks. "Faye is totally smitten. She's never like this."

"I—I need some air," I said in a panic as I ran from the club. While I was running away I could hear Nick asking Reda what she meant. Hot tears stung my eyes as I ran out the nearest exit. I don't know how long I stood there crying before I realized someone was standing there watching me. "Nick. When did you get here?"

"Are you crying?" Nick asked. "What's wrong?"

"No, I'm fine. It's just allergies. Really bad allergies." He walked up and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"You do realize that is the most you have said to me in the entire time I have known you?"

"I'm usually not this nervous around people. Honestly, it's just I've never been around famous people before."

"Try not to think of me as famous. I'm just your average guy....who sells millions of records and has legions of fans." I chuckled along with him at his joke. "So is what Reda said true? Are you really the loud one of the group?"

"Normally, I am kind of loud and obnoxious I guess." [AN: This is an understatement for her sometimes.] I looked down at my feet, but Nick tipped my chin up until he could look into my eyes. "I guess you just make me nervous."

"I highly doubt you are ever obnoxious. Why don't we go back in and see how everyone is doing."

"That's probably a good idea. I'm worried about Joe." Nick's eyes flashed in anger. Was he mad that I brought up his brother?

"Why are you so worried about Joe?"

"Because Beks looked like she wanted to snap his neck and I know what she's capable of." His shoulders relaxed at my response. Hmmmm... I walked ahead of him reaching out for the exit door before he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. "Nick? Is something wrong?" He said nothing before leaning in and gently kissing my lips. When he pulled back I stood there in complete shock. Had Nick Jonas just kissed me?

"I've wanted to do that since I saw you," he said before pulling me back into the club.

[AN: Nick is such a stud. So what do you think? Should I do the POVs of the boys or just stick with the girls for the whole story?]