.:1:.

Before you start this story, I want to inform you that there will definitely be some triggering themes occurring throughout the book. If you are sensitive to rape, drugs or suicidal thoughts STOP READING NOW. I hate having to write warnings at the beginnings of certain chapters, because it ruins the mood and basically reveals what will happen, so treat this as a warning for the entire book.

Also, I know it may seem strange that I set this during 2016 Warped Tour, but it felt like the perfect time, especially with the things which were going on back then. This (obviously) does not represent what actually happened in any way. In addition, this book is in Kellin's point of view and he is quite ignorant on some subjects, so don't blame him when he says something stupid. Another thing is that all medical information here is made up by me, so don't take my words for granted.

Enjoy.

_____________

The corners of my eyes scrunched up, as I clutched my stomach and laughed loudly at a joke Gabe just made. Who knew that a couple of drinks could make something so stupid sound so hilarious? I was already having the time of my life and Warped Tour had not even started yet!

It was the evening of June 23rd, the day before the first show. This year's set up had been very strange and mixed up. Many bands, who had been announced beforehand, decided to cancel. I knew where they were coming from, especially with the amounts of shootings and attacks happening during concerts, and no one would hold grudges against them, as they were simply looking out for each other. However, the fact that huge bands like Bullet For My Valentine, Chelsea Grin, Neck Deep, The Story So Far and Mayday Parade backed out pretty much last-minute meant that many impulsive decisions had to be made.

And that was how I found myself in the back lounge of the Blood On The Dance Floor tour bus, along with them and the rest of my band.

In order to fill the empty slots which were left by the bands who decided not to play, the Warped Tour team had to organise new bands as quickly as possible, no matter who they were. The only ones who were insane enough to agree to play with only a couple of days notice were Mindless Self Indulgence, The Ghost Inside, Simple Plan, Pierce The Veil and Blood On The Dance Floor.

MSI and SP were well known to be quite crazy, so this was no surprise. The timing was tight, but PTV's tour was finishing just in time for them to get here (however they would arrive first thing in the morning tomorrow). But the two that surprised me the most were TGI and BOTDF.

I had heard the there were some past problems with BOTDF and parents did not feel like their kids were safe in their presence. So the fact that they did indeed let them jump on the tour showed just how much they needed someone to fill in. After all, desperate times call for desperate measures.

The most obscure and confusing new band to me was The Ghost Inside. A couple of months ago, they had been involved in an awful accident, which left a couple of them heavily injured to the point where amputation was the only way to save them. So it made me wonder why they, of all people, would agree to do something which other bands were so afraid of. They had faced death once - why risk it again? It was a strange concept and I was sure to ask them about it soon.

Despite the bad reputation which they had, Dahvie and Jayy were fun guys. They were great to be around and it never got boring on their bus. We were chatting and drinking together, as if we had known each other for years, although we only met this morning. It just felt like the inevitable nerves of the summer could disappear with their enthusiastic attitudes.

I knew that I was a bit of a buzzkill towards everyone else, but I could not stop my mind from wondering, even while tipsy. I was most anxious about tomorrow. Not because of the show, but because of Vic Fuentes.