9. Just This Once

"How's Liam doing?" Harry asks as soon as Niall sits down on his signature chair. Harry can't tell how Liam's doing, because he was too busy taking care of Louis who had another breakdown the other day and because Niall wanted to be alone with Liam most of the time.

"He's sleepy," Niall responds before sighing, "John is giving him the meds he needs, but since Liam has a weakened immune system it takes a while," he adds and just so you know, 'John' is Dr. Smith. He prefers to be called John because 'Dr.' makes him feel old.

"So the meds are making him tired," the curly haired boy questions, earning a nod from his Irish friend. Niall let's out a loud yawn, because for the past two days he spent the night in the hospital with Liam who he started dating after the kiss last week and he didn't get much sleep.

They're not official yet, but they told the other three boys about their 'thing'. "Where's Malik?" Niall questions when he realizes Zayn is not sitting with them. "He's probably banging Perrie in the janitor's closet," Harry shrugs before taking a bite of his meal.

"And what about Louis?" Niall asks glancing at the empty chair beside Harry.

"He was getting sick so he went to the bathroom," The curly haired boy responds after clearing his throat. "Have you told him about your crush on him?" Niall asks as he rests his head on top of his fist.

"Nope, I haven't and I won't tell him anytime soon, he's got enough going on already...I don't need to make it worse," Harry explains and Niall won't even ask what he means with 'He's got enough going on already' because he knows it's not his business.

"Make what worse?" Louis questions appearing out of nowhere, making Harry jump a little "Nothing," he stutters and Louis shrugs it off as he sits down beside his curly haired friend. "Zayn's with Perrie again isn't he?" Louis asks and the other two nod their heads in response, "I know it's been months, but I'm glad that he moved on," Louis adds, "You mean because he kissed you?" Niall questions and Louis shoots him a look, "Liam told me," Niall says in defense, "He did say he was in love with. I turned him down as soft as possible, but we made up, which means I have my long time best friend back," Louis smiles "I'm really happy for him," he adds.

Harry never knew what Zayn said after he kissed Louis so he's a little surprised to hear that Zayn had feelings for the feathery haired boy.

"You're finally eating something," Niall remarks – emphasizing the 'something' – acknowledging the sandwich Louis is holding in his hand and Harry goes back to reality. "It's just to get rid of the puke taste in my mouth," Louis explains, making Niall choke on his food. "Dude I'm eating," he exclaims, "I know," Louis chuckles and Harry starts laughing like an idiot, earning a stare from the Irish lad.

Zayn and Perrie have been officially dating, for a little over two months now and the have sex a lot...in fact, they just finished banging each other, but Zayn feels so guilty, like he's just using her to forget about his dumb feelings for Louis.

He's always been an asshole and he's not ashamed to admit that, but he has never used a girl to forget about another girl, or in this case Louis fucking Tomlinson.
"I'll see you after class," Perrie informs as she buttons the last button of her shirt, before kissing her boyfriend goodbye.

Once she's gone, Zayn plumps his back against the ground and takes a deep breath. "Fuck," he exclaims, before going back to his feet and slamming his fist against the wall while saying "Fuck," for at least three times, before wiping the sweat from his forehead with shirt and barging out of the janitor's closet, glad that no one saw him or heard his outburst.