CONFLICTED EMOTIONS

Lucy's POV

What is this? It's so hard to predict him. I know we kissed, but was it heat of the moment? Does he love me like I love him, or is it a one sided thing? The way he smiles at me, is it a smile of friendship or love? Am I just a friend with benefits, or am I more? Do I love him more than a friend? Am I ever going to understand my feelings? Or are they always going to be messed up and confusing? This hand that is holding mine, will it always be there to hold me and pick me back up, just so I can fall back down again? Will Natsu ever leave me, and if he doesn't, could he ever love me?

Only time can tell.

Natsu's POV

Lucy? Are you confused? I bet you're overthinking the kiss, assuming it was out of love. But the truth is, I don't even understand why I kissed you, I just knew I had to. How I knew, I couldn't tell you, it was like my actions weren't controlled by me, it was like instinct. Do I love you, yes, more than a friend, I don't know.

"Natsu..." Lucy said quietly, breaking the silence. "Yeah?" I responded, hoping she wouldn't bring up the kiss. "Natsu, I need to know something..." Oh no! I need to cut her off. "Hey it's really pretty out here, I wonder where happy went." I said, cutting her off. Please take the hint, please Lucy. "I get it." She mumbled. Yes! "It is a one sided thing." She said turning away from me and running. Wait...one sided...shit! She misunderstood! Even worse! I ran after her, luckily I was faster. I accidentally ran into a cotton wall. Damn you Aires! When I burned down the wall, Lucy was gone. "Lucy! You misunderstood! Luce!" I yelled out, in hopes of a response. No response. Dammit!

Does that mean...she loves me more than a friend? If I run after her, will she ask me that? And if she does, do I lover her more than a friend? Why are my emotions so jumbled up?!

"Lucy!" I screamed again, but once again no one responded. I was surprised to see Virgo coming towards me with a stern look. "You jerk! You hurt Lucy! I'll never forgive you! Isn't that supposed to be your line?! Why are you hurting the girl you love?! Why aren't you telling her you love her now! You had her heart safely in your hands! And you threw it away! How.dare.you." I looked at her shocked, then shrugged. "Has it ever occurred to you, I may not know if I love her back myself? The topic of love is something I put off, because it's the only thing I can't solve with magic. It's the only thing that extinguishes my fire. It's the only thing, I don't understand."

Virgo looked at me with remorse. "Love? How can you not understand it? It's every time your heart beats uncontrollably towards someone. It's the feeling when you never want to leave them. It's that feeling that if you dare to blink, they may disappear. That anger you feel, when someone hurts them. When you experience what they do. Every time they cry, you cry with them. All of their happiness, you share it too. So tell me Natsu, do you love her?" I shook my head. "What if I feel that way towards everyone!" Virgo looked at me with an unreadable expression. "So she's no different from everyone else, is that what you're saying?" My eyebrows furrowed. "Of course not, she's different!" I responded. "How?!" She yelled in a question. "I don't know! I can't explain it!" I retorted. She huffed. "Then go tell her that! She's crying her eyes out, thinking she's only a friend to you." I gulped. "I can't." I said under my breath. "I'm scared." I said even lower.

Virgo looked at me with disappointment. "You're not worth her time then, you're a coward." She spat. It was so true that it stung.

She's right, oh so right. I'm so pathetic. I should just go back to the guild hall and forget it. She deserves better.

I hung my head low and turned back to leave. I heard crying, when I turned around to match a face with the sobbing, I was engulfed into a hug by a sobbing Lucy. "Natsu!" She cried out in between sobs.

"I'm sorry! We can forget everything, I just don't want you to give up on me! Natsu! I love you! Wether it's more than a friend or just as a friend! I still love you, and watching you walk away from me just because you don't understand hurts! Please Natsu! Let's just go home together! I don't care! I just want to be your friend again." She said with a shaky voice, her face still buried in my back. "Lucy...I'll always be here." She cried even harder, with happiness and a smile on her face. No I couldn't see her face, I just knew her well enough to know she was smiling. I wonder if she knew I was smiling back with tears streaming down my face as well.

We stayed there, together. Not wanting the moment to go away, but we did eventually head back to the guild.

Lucy, for now, it's just friends.

Lucy's POV

Natsu, for now, let's just be friends. Okay?

3rd Person POV

Maybe our heroes of the story will find out they are more than just friends soon. But for now, only time can tell.

•••
WELL! Hope y'all like that! Don't be mad for the love shall come soon XD. Hopefully you'll understand why I chose to leave them at friends. If u don't it's because I didn't want this book to end yet and if it did it would seem rushed :p sorry again. Don't forget to smile!