SO BE IT

Natsu's POV

I watched Lucy's blonde hair flutter behind her in shock. Did I just hear her right? Something's off. At first I thought it was the party, but I was dead wrong. Something else is off.

Without hesitating a second more, I chased after that blonde haired weirdo. "Lucy!" I yelled. She took a glance in my direction, and sped up. I sped up even faster until I was right on her tail. Then I tackled her, making sure not to bruise her.

"Natsu!" She breathed. "Get off me!" I shook my head. "So you can run away from me again?! Lucy do you think I'm going to buy that bullshit about you hating Fairy Tail?" Her enlarged brown eyes locked onto mine as she did her best not to tear up, but I knew her too well for that. "Lucy, I made the mistake of letting you run once, and I won't do it again. You can hate me with every bone in your body, every strand of hair on your head, and still. I will not let you go again." I said in firmness. "But Natsu. There are some things you don't understand." She tried pushing me off but I kept her pinned. "Then teach me." She shook her head. "I can't." She said in a soft and weak voice. "Why not?" I said, demanding an answer. "Because...as long as you stay near me, death is closer to you that you know." She said making my eyes shoot open. "Lucy. Explain to me what happened." She shook her head. "No." I felt tears swarm in my eyes, but she seemed to have a stone cold heart. "Please Lucy, don't you trust me? Has our friendship never meant anything?!" She smiled at me, so weak and vague. She brushed some of my dangling hair out of my face. "Natsu, I'm not doing this to hurt you." I grabbed her wrist and pushed it back by her side, rejecting her gentle touch. "Lucy! Don't you remember what you said?! You told me you always have more fun when we're together! Or was that a lie too!" She smiled at me, she was so distant. "I don't care if I die Lucy." I said abruptly, and her eyes opened wide. I seemed to catch her attention. "Do you know what would happen if you got yourself killed...and I could've been there with you?" She bit her lip. "What..." She said with a shaky voice. "I'd commit suicide, just to be buried next to you." She gasped lightly. "Natsu..." I locked on to her eyes, tears dripping from my chin and rolling down her neck. "Lucy, whatever it is, we'll get through it. Together! I'm not gonna leave you alone!" She shook her head. "Then you'll have to fight me, because there's no way I'd ever let you come. Natsu, if I let you come and you got hurt, it's on me. This is my problem and I need to fix it on my own."

"No you don't!" I debated. She started to cry now. "Natsu...it's not just you who I'll end up killing...it's everyone." I was caught by surprise, wide eyed I spoke quietly. "It's not your job to protect us." She shook her head disobediently. "It is when I'm the culprit." I looked at her, questions circling in my head. "You saw the future." She shook her head. "I saw my fate." I gulped. "Then we can kick fate's ass together." She shook her head. "It's not your fate Natsu, it's mine." Why does she have to be so goddamn persistent?!

"Fine." I said in defeat. "I accept your terms. I guess I'll just have to fight you." I said, getting off of her. "Well, good luck Natsu. I won't go easy." She said in a firm voice. I smirked. "Same." She nodded.

Let the battle begin.

•••
AYYYYYE! So there gonna have a showdown! Sorry for the short chapter! I was setting up the next long one! Yay! ^^