THE FLAMING KEY

Lucy's POV

Me and Natsu nodded at each other in agreement to start the battle.

"Fire dragon wing attack!" He roared out, sounding his first attack. "Open! Gate of the water barer, Aquarius!" Aquarius dodged the attack. "Don't call me for your pesky games!" She snatched my key and closed her gate. I stood there angrily to let it sink in. Natsu laughed, I rolled my eyes.

I took out my whip. "Might as well." I mumbled. "Fire dragon roar!" Natsu blurted out of the blue, catching me off guard, I managed to dodge the attack. Dammit! I can't lose! His life is on the line!

I opened all of my spirits gates without laying a hand on my keys. "Open, gate of all spirits." My gate keys glowed as Nastu watched in awe. Aquarius was pissed. I gave her my serious look and she just rolled with it.

"Now attack!" We threw everything we had at him. "Fire dragon, wing attack!" He yelled dodging about half of my spirits, the other half...not so much. He rolled over on the floor, defeated. "Yes!" I screamed out. "Not so fast." He muttered, barely able to stand. "I won't lose." We both said at the exact same time. It was kind of creepy to be honest. "Lucy, listen to me. I lied. I don't agree with your terms! Because no matter what, I'm coming!" My eyebrows furrowed. Why can't he just listen? The more time he spends with me, the more of a chance fate has of  becoming reality.

"Natsu, I'm sorry for this. Virgo! Tunnel now!" Virgo shook her head. "I can't do that princess." I frowned. "Why not?" Natsu walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. "Because you can't do this alone. Can't you just admit it. You need me, and I need you. That's how we work." I felt myself melt by his touch. "B-but...what if you get hurt- and- and I can't save you." He hugged me tighter. "Have a little faith in me, we will both make it back unscratched."

I cried softly into his chest, he was so noble, kind. And me? I didn't deserve him, not at all.

"Lucy, when we make it back, I have something to tell you." I looked up from his chest into his vibrant lime green eyes. "What?" He shook his head with a slight smile. "I can't tell you." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why not?" He smiled even goofier. "It's a secret." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever." He chuckled at my reaction.

"So anyway, what exactly happened earlier when you were running." I locked my eyes onto the green grass. "I- I saw something." He looked at me deeply, trying to read what I was thinking. "What did you see?" I bit my lip to prevent any future sobs. "I saw- I saw Wendy. She was standing in the glow of the moonlight singing. And she- vanished. Then, the same guy as before, I thought I killed him, he just appeared. He showed me everyone in the guild dead in front of me, but it wasn't just any allusion, it was an allusion was showing my fate. And um- when I blurted he was supposed to be dead, he said Wendy was supposed to be dead too."

Natsu watched me closely. "Natsu, Wendy might still be alive. And if that man was right, I really will cause everyone's death." I looked up at the sky, trying to avoid crying. Natsu took my hand. "I'm gonna kick his fucking ass." I looked at him, shocked he was so pissed. His grip on my hand tightened. "Come on Lucy, it's time to start looking."

•••
Yay! Short chapters XD on the week guys I'm going to have to have short chapters...thank my  school.