THAT SAME OLD SMILE

Dedicated to LightLoli for supporting this story to the end.

Natsu's POV

I was sitting at my table, fiddling with my thumbs when I heard Romeo storm into the guild with wide eyes. "Natsu! Natsu she's back!" I stood up from my chair and ran towards the door. I stopped in the doorway, barely believing my own two eyes. She was there, right in front of me...walking proximity.

Lucy was smiling, warm and fuzzy like, despite her chapped lips and swollen body. Wendy held her hand with tears streaming down her face and a happy gleam in her eyes.

She did it! She actually did it! I swear I love her!

They walked in and plummeted on the floor. Everyone ran to help and Wendy used the last of her strength to heal Lucy's arm, then she was taken into the nursing part of the guild for lack of strength. They called up Porlyusica and she came running over. We all laughed and rejoiced, for our beloved jewel-Lucy Heartfillia-was back and ready to play at any given moment.

I was so overwhelmed with joy. I never wanted the moment to end. Not ever. It was that relieving feeling of finally seeing someone again after a long long time. The feeling was like nothing I had ever felt, it made me happy and yet my heart hurt. I just wanted to grab her and never let her go again.

It got dark and me and Lucy decided to head home together, just like old times.

I sighed. "Lucy." I said, catching the blonde's attention. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug. "I won't ever let you leave me again." I whispered, my voice catching into my throat. I felt the sparks at or touch, and that chemistry I had always felt made itself present again. She nodded in my chest. "And I never want to leave you again." She said breathy, holding back her tears. "Lucy..." I started as she stared into my eyes with her burdened ones. "You've been strong. Let it out." I said. At my command she exhaled a long breath and her breath hitched. Slowly, she began to let the memories of the horrid man flood from her thoughts as she was now safe, in my arms. She sobbed quietly, chipping away at my soul at every sniffle or sad sobbing moan she made.

She cried for minutes straight, and it became clear to me she wasn't stopping any time soon.

I did the only thing I could think of and licked her tears. She giggled. "Natsu..." She breathed out in between giggling and crying simultaneously. "That's enough tears for one night. I don't know how many more I can take." I admitted and continued to lick them away.

Finally, I stopped licking her face after the final tear had fallen. Yeah, it was weird, but the weird memories are the ones that you never forget. So I'm willing to make them with her for as long as our lives keep in tact.

I grabbed her hand, and together we headed home, Lucy still sniffling and trying to hide her face.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

We walked inside with our hands still glued together. I found myself closing the door with my foot, my heart racing a million miles per hour. I had planned this out in my mind a few days ago, but now it was time to commit to my plans, and I'm not gonna lie, it was hard.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." She said with a smile. "Ok." I said, trying not to give anything away.

She stepped out of the room into her's and left me there, annoyed with whether I should go for it or chicken out.

I heard the shower turn on and gulped. Man up! I told myself and waited to hear her bathroom door close. I walked in the room, and there was no sight of her. My heart sped up even faster as I quietly ran over to her bathroom door and put my ear to it, she was definitely in the shower. I took a deep breath and walked into the bathroom.

The wall that separated us allowed me to remove my clothing. I had no idea if this would even work, but I couldn't keep hiding the fact I was in love with her, and after seeing her nearly be taken from me, I decided I needed to commit to it.

Finally, in my birthday suit I opened the door where the toilet and bathroom were located. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Her eyes widened and I bravely opened the shower forcefully.

"Nats-" I interrupted her by locking my lips with hers and pinning her head to the wall with the strength of my kiss. We explored each other's mouths and smiled in our kiss. It made it more enjoyable to be able to know she was enjoying it as much as I was. My hand slithered down her back and landed on her ass, my other hand squeezed her left breast, making the moment even more heated.

CENSORED! Ha Ha yup I just did that to you!

When I was done filling my desire, we stepped out of the shower in an awkward fashion. We stepped out at the same time, so I stepped back, not realizing she did too. Then we both stepped forward. "Go Luce." She shoved me out. "No you." I rolled my eyes and grabbed us both a towel. As I was reaching for one she said, "Hey Natsu?" I handed her a towel and nodded to signal her I was listening. "I umm." She blushed, which I found even cuter."I- I love you!" She blurted with a voice crack. I chuckled and her blush grew deeper. "I love you too, Luce." We dropped out towels and kissed once more.

When we came up for air we grabbed our towels and walked outside of the bathroom with them wrapped around us.

Me and Lucy's eyes bulged out of our head to find the one and only, ENTIRE GUILD in her room!

We both blushed as their jaws dropped. "GET THE HECK OUT OF MY ROOM!" Lucy ordered grabbing the nearest chair and chasing them all out. Then she locked the door.

She blushed and said, "put on your clothes." Frustrated she sighed. "You realize they're never going to let this down right?" I nodded innocently. "It doesn't matter, because from now on. Your Lucy Heartfillia of Fairy Tail, my girlfriend." She blushed and smiled. "Yeah. I guess that works."

We kissed one final time, and we leave you with two words.

The End.