FEELINGS ARE COMPLICATED

Lucy's POV

I exaggerated a long sigh. Natsu, hey? Do you miss me as much as I miss you? Are you praying day and night, hoping I will return? Are you doubting that I'm coming back? I have so many questions I want you to answer when I return, but this is something I need to do. I want to be able to say the Fairy Tail name with pride, I'm sorry but right now I can't do that.

I know you would tell me that I'm strong and the guild needs me, but I can't help but think that the guild is more powerful without me. Natsu, tell me honestly. Do y'all really need me as much as I need you? I'm tired of depending on you to save me. No more! It's time for me to pull my own weight.

I looked down at my guild mark. "Natsu..." I said under my breath.

I continued to train harder, as his own name gave me motivation.

Natsu's POV

"Natsu, when are you going to just admit you love Lucy?" I snapped my head back at Levy. Do people not realize that I have a heart and believe it or not, it's been hard for me to keep her in the friend zone? I know everyone thinks I'm oblivious to the topic but, I'm really not. I understand love just as much as Juvia, I just...I just can't...be in love. I have only one desire in life, and that's to find Igneel, nothing else matters. Not even that lovey dovey garbage that everyone raves about. I rolled my eyes. "Levy, I don't like her in that way." Levy rolled her eyes back at me. "That's a load of bull!" She looked back down at her romance novel.

I slouched back in my chairs. She's so right, it is bullshit. I really do like Lucy more than a friend, but not enough to ruin our friendship.

"Natsu." I orbited my head searching around the room for the voice that sounded exactly like Lucy's. I realized it was my imagination and looked back down at my drink. "Natsu?" Levy questioned me as I smiled at her. "What?" She looked up at me, reading my expression. "Sometimes, the easy way out, isn't the right way. There could be so much more to y'all's relationship. So why are you holding back." I looked away, cheeks heating up. "Because," I started in a quiet voice. "Because, I don't know what love is." I whispered under my breath.

"Yes you do, it's every time you smile at her, every time you laugh with her, every time you think about her, every time she smiles at you, every time she laughs with you, and every moment she spends thinking about you and her, together." My blush spread rapidly. I gulped. "Yeah whatever, I'm not into this kind of stuff." I said walking off.

I could practically see Levy roll her eyes. Same for you and Gajeel, blueberry. I bit my lip, trying to figure out the emotions I was feeling. It was like I knew the truth, but I couldn't accept it. Like it was something that wasn't supposed to be happening, yet it was.

Lucy, do you feel the same?

Lucy's POV

Hey Natsu? How do you really feel about love? Do you understand it? I don't, and I can't ever seem to grasp the concept of it. I bit my lip.

Flashback

"Hey Lucy?" I turned to look at his vibrant green eyes. "Yes Natsu?" He shrugged. "I don't understand why words are so important to you." I smiled at him and giggled to myself. I took a seat beside him. "Natsu, words are what make us, we'll us." I bit my lip. "Words can be any shape or size, and be just as important. Think about it like this, hate. Hate is a strong and firm word, it's very abrupt and news breaking. But it's only four letters. Okay now put it in a sentence, 'I hate you' now I've directed it towards you. Let's change hate to like. 'I like you'. Okay so now we've changed hate to like, well there's a problem, like can be interpreted two ways. Ok now let's add another like. "I like like you." See, now the meaning is completely different. Okay with just a change of one word we've already made three different meanings out of a sentence. Okay now change like to love, you get a hole new meaning. Four letters can mean so much when their put into words, words mean more when there put into a sentence. Sentences mean more when they're put into paragraphs, and so on. And it only started with one letter." I smiled at him as he nodded.

"Okay so basically letters and words are important." I rolled my eyes. "You don't say???"

End of flashback

I smiled to myself. He's always listened to my rants, dammit. I thought when I left I would be free from the thoughts about Natsu, but I guess there's no escaping that pink-haired, fire breathing, hot headed, gold skinned, weirdo. I sighed and smiled.
I overthink too much. I laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky. Why does the world seem so much more brighter when I'm with 'him'. I bit my lip and started making shapes from the clouds.

I miss you Natsu, maybe a little too much.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

WHEEEELP! Until next time guys! Don't forget to favorite, share, support it, tag it, love it, read it, comment on it, but most importantly! Don't forget to smile!