Chapter 18

Anna had been up since early that morning. She had woken up with a sudden burst of energy. Her best ideas flowing from her fingers onto paper.

Knock knock!

She looked up at the clock in a state of panic. It was already ten o'clock in the morning.

Anna put her pen down, got up, and walked to the door.

She opened the door and peeked out.

He looked as handsome as ever. He wore a light blue shirt that hugged his chest and tan shorts with dark brown sandals.

"Can I come in or what," Derek asked.

"Umm, yeah," Anna answered.

She opened the door enough for him to slip in.

"Did you forget I was coming," Derek asked.

His eyebrows lifted in a mischievous manner. His eyes were laughing at her.

"I was getting some work done," Anna said.

"Do you always work in your pjs?"

"Maybe. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not at all, princess."

Anna knew he was referring to her shirt. The word princess was written in large pink letters across her chest.

"If you give me a few minutes, I'll go get ready," Anna said.

"Take your time, brat."

"Must you insist on calling me that?"

"Yep."

Anna turned in a huff and headed down the hall to her bedroom.

In five minutes, Anna appeared in some skinny jeans, a purple top, and some black flip flops. Her hair in a messy bun on top of her head.

Anna wasn't wearing any make up, but then again, she didn't need it. Her complexion had always been flawless.

Derek didn't say anything when she came out. He gave her an intense stare before looking away.

What's his problem?

"Ready to go," Anna asked.

"I've been ready," Derek replied.