Chapter 24

It should have been awkward the next morning, but it wasn't.

Anna woke up to Derek's warm lips on her skin. He ran his tongue along the column of her neck. He would stop every few moments to suck and nip at the sensitive skin.

"Mmmm...what are you doing to me? I could get used to this," Anna purred, before stretching her arms above her head.

Derek laughed in that delicious way. It sent tremors through her body every time she heard it.

"Are you teasing me, Anna? Because when you stretch like that, it drives me insane."

Anna giggled.

This man is making me act in the most foolish of ways. I can't say I don't enjoy it, though.

"You mean this?" And she held her arms above her head once more.

Derek groaned like a man in pain. He grabbed both of Anna's wrists in one hand and licked and sucked on one earlobe.

Anna tried to twist free. She was in a frenzy, and she needed to touch him. She craved him.

She moaned and that was the end of his restraint. He took her mouth in a hard kiss, bordering on painful. Even if he had wanted to, he could not have been gentle in that moment.

His free hand fisted in her hair. What was even more surprising is that she didn't fight him. In fact, she was enjoying the kiss as much as he was. Her soft moans filled his room.

When he lifted his mouth from her own, she lifted in search of him.

"Derek?"

Anna knew she must looked confused, and that's because she was. Why had he drawn away from her when he had been enjoying himself?

Derek leaned down to kiss the tip of her nose before he left the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go make breakfast," Derek said.

Why is he not looking at me?

"Did I do something wrong?"

"You did everything right, Anna."

"Then what's the matter?"

Derek looked at her then.

"Anna, I'm only human. I want you and I am going to have to control myself if we are going to keep your virginity intact."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, that's how I feel about it, too."

"Come on, I'll fix you the best pancake breakfast you've ever eaten."

"I love pancakes."

"Yeah, you look the type."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you would taste wonderful with a little syrup on your body."

Anna blushed at that.

She had never known anyone like Derek. He made her heart happy.

After she had thrown on one of Derek's shirts, she made her way to the kitchen.

Anna came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Do you work out?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

Anna could hear the smile in his voice.

"No reason."

Anna walked away, but made it only two steps before he caught her from behind.

"Tease," Derek whispered in her ear.