Chapter 26

I can't believe my bad luck! Why would Becca call me after everything that's happened?

Derek walked over to the liquor cabinet to grab his favourite, Jack Daniels. He would try anything to forget the earlier scene with Anna. He grabbed a tumbler full and walked to the living room to drape himself over the couch.

He flipped the TV on but nothing was on, so he just left it on the sports channel for some background noise.

After a few drinks, Derek's eyes closed and he slipped into oblivion.

—————————————————

Anna called, but the phone went straight to voicemail. She felt real fear at his lack of answer.

His silky voice came over the phone. "Derek here. If you need to talk to me, leave a message, and I'll call you back."

"Derek, it's me...Anna. I need to speak with you. Could you call me back, please? I'm sorry for earlier. Just call me, okay?"

This is not good. What if he never calls me back?

"No answer," Mara asked.

Anna had forgotten she was even in the room.

"It went to voicemail."

"Anna, don't worry, ok? He would be a fool to not call you back." Mara had always been in tune with my emotions.

"I feel like I was the fool."

"Don't be ridiculous, Anna. Anyone would be upset or suspicious under the circumstances."

"Be honest, Mara. I know this would never have phased you. You would have either not cared or slapped him. I know you."

"Just because you aren't me doesn't mean you did the wrong thing, honey."

Anna didn't reply. She had no answer to the predicament she now found herself in. She could only hope he called.

—————————————————

Derek slowly gained consciousness. He had no idea how long he'd been out. He dragged himself off the couch, grabbed some Tylenol and water before he went back to his bedroom.

He didn't wake up again until the following day. He could see that the sun was high in the sky when he stepped foot into the living room. He was guessing early to mid afternoon. After shutting the blinds, he went in search of more Tylenol. That's when he noticed his phone still lying on the kitchen counter.

After taking the Tylenol, he picked up his phone on his way back to the living room.

After collapsing into his recliner, he brought his phone screen to life. It said he had 4 new messages.

The first was from Becca. "Hi, honey, I really need to see you. I miss you. Call me soon."
The following message was also from Becca. This time she sounded more urgent. "Hey, Babe! Where are you? I need to talk to you. Please call me, okay?"

What makes her think I would be dumb enough to call her. I can't stand her. Does she really not know that by now?

The third message was from Jim. "Hi, man. I have some news for you. It's about Becca. You really need to call me. Talk soon. Bye."

That last thing Derek wanted to do was call either of them. He didn't want to talk to Becca and he didn't want news of her, either. He needed to talk to Anna. Anna is the only person he wanted to see.

He played the last message and was pleasantly surprised to hear Anna's voice on the speaker phone. "Derek, it's me...Anna. I need to speak with you. Could you call me back, please? I'm sorry for earlier. Just call me, okay?"

Derek looked to see when she called. It was yesterday evening after he fell asleep. He needed to see her. Now.

It took him less than 10 minutes to get dressed and get on the road. When he arrived at her house, he hurried out of his car and ran up the steps to knock at her door.

"Hold on, Mara!"

When she opened the door, Derek's heart squeezed in his chest. Anna had been crying. Her eyes and nose were red and he could see where tears had made trails down her cheeks. She had dark circles under her eyes like she hadn't gotten much sleep.

Anna's eyes rounded in surprise.

"I thought you were Mara."

He didn't say a word. He took two steps into her apartment and closed the door behind him. This forced her to take a few steps back.

"What are you doing, Derek?"

But still, he said nothing. Instead, he brought his hand up to cup her neck. His thumb traced the fullness of her lips.

"Derek?"

I love the way my name sounds on her lips. With her voice hoarse from the crying, her voice sounded erotic in the most pleasurable way possible. I want to hear that sound when she's cumming on my cock. I need to hear that sound.

"I got your voicemail."

Anna started to say something, but stopped when he covered her lips with his thumb.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Anna. I'm the prick. I should have told you about Becca after I kissed you that first time, but to be honest, she's not one of my favourite subjects."

"Are you really going through a divorce? It's over between you?"

"Yes, and I'm done talking about her. I want to taste you. Let me, Anna."

"Yes..."

Once he heard her answer, he let his dick do the talking. His hard, aching dick.

His lips met hers in a clash of teeth and tongues. He twisted them around until her body was between him and the door. Her arms wrapped around his neck in a gentle, shy hold. She was perfection in his arms.

Her nipples were hard under her thin cotton t-shirt. She rubbed them against him with an innocence that tore at his heart. He'd never been with someone so honest before. It felt good.

With one strong arm around her waist and his other hand on her ass, he pushed his hard length against her sweet triangle. Her hips rolled against his own without thought. He loved how lost she was in his embrace.

He brought his hands to her hips so he could control the pressure of her against his cock. His licked and sucked on her lips until they were swollen from his kiss. Derek gave her one last kiss before pulling back from her.

Anna laid her head back against the door and breathed. His hands were still at her hips, while hers were loose on his shoulders.

"Anna..." Derek waited for her to open her eyes before he continued. "Anna, I want to take you somewhere."

She laughed. "Right now?"

Derek gave Anna a wicked grin. "Right now, so go put on your bathing suit and some shorts and let's get going."

"Bossy," she grumbled, but she still did as he said.

I don't know why it's so important that I show her a good time, but it is. This isn't just sex. I like her. A lot. I plan on winning her over, and today is only the beginning.