Chapter 36

Bethany's P.O.V

"What's the news?" I asked Jay. "They're at the Malhotra's." he replied. "For what?" I snapped. "Well, from what I've gathered, today is the day that their engagement date would be fixed." He said.

"What?! I don't want this to happen! And I thought you don't either!" I shouted. How the f***k is he this calm?!

"You're right. I don't. But why are you getting so worked up? They're just fixing their engagement date. Not marriage. We can always break an engagement." He explained calmly.

"So you're saying we should just keep quiet for now and let them fix the date and then we break their engagement?" I asked. This is getting on my nerves. She is getting on my nerves.

"Yes. They won't expect it. And that's the best part." He said.

"What does he even see in her? She's not even pretty." I said. "I think she's pretty hot." I heard Jay mumble.

"What was that?" I asked, pissed.

"I said she isn't so bad. She seems like a nice person and you got to admit it, that girl does not lag behind in the looks department; I mean, have you seen that body?" he said. Each word he said ignited a fire within me.

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I yelled. I can't stand any praise about her. "If you think so highly of her, why are you even helping me out?!" I said.

"First of all, I'm doing this mainly because I want her and not because I want to help you. Two, you're paying me for this and it's my job so I don't really have much of a choice." He said while tossing a coin in his hand.

I took deep breaths to calm down. Jay is definitely not helping my mood.

"So what do you have in mind?" I asked. I need Jay because he's extremely smart. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't execute any plan without him. He's the mastermind so even if he gets on my nerves, I'll have to tolerate him.

"So listen.."

-----------

Ahana's P.O.V

The blush on my face hadn't reduced one bit after our kiss. We went downstairs and saw that the Pandit had arrived.

"What even happened in the room?" Nidhi asked me. "Yea. You look constipated." Aryan piped in. I rolled my eyes. "Nothing happened. Jeez."

"Are you sure? You don't really look normal Ahana." Nidhi said seriously. "I promise. I'm fine." I said and smiled. "Rehaan hasn't stopped looking at you, you know." she said. I turned to see him and he smiled. I reciprocated the action. I turned towards Nidhi and checked if Aryan was still behind her. When I saw that he wasn't, I told Nidhi, "We kissed."

She looked at me wide eyed and said, "What? Repeat that." "We uhm kissed." I said softly.

She squealed loudly, grabbing everyone's attention including Rehaan's. He smiled and raised an eye brow. I looked down at my lap, embarrassed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Nidhi wiggle her eye brows at Rehaan and point towards me, smirking. Heat crept up my cheeks again and I slowly looked up at Rehaan to only see him rolling his eyes playfully and muttering something about how girls can't keep anything to themselves. I giggled as he left.

"Deets!" Nidhi said, tugging at my arm. "Later. Panditji is here." I said and went to get up. She pulled me back down, making me glare at her.

"He is eating inside. It's apparently some tradition to feed the Pandit whenever he comes home so you do have time to speak." She said.

I sighed as I sat comfortably. "Okay so after you guys went downstairs, he pulled me towards him and kissed me. That's it." I said extremely briefly, deliberately omitting a few parts.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I bet there's more to it. Tell me! That was your first kiss! You got to tell me!"

"Fine fine. So when he pulled me, I asked him to let go and he obviously didn't. He whispered into my ear, 'Biren gets a kiss and I don't?' and I said that he won't get one and then he brought up the truth and dare game where I confessed that I wanted to kiss him. I couldn't say anything. He was too close and I was nervous. He then started kissing from my neck to my cheek. He was very close to my lips and then he just stopped. I got annoyed and he found it funny and then we kissed. The end." I said, knowing she wouldn't let go of me until I told her.

I deliberately omitted the me asking him to kiss me part cause I don't know, I feel embarrassed.

"That's not all that happened. I can see it in your face." She said, suspiciously.

"No. That was all that happened. Really." I said, trying to sound confident. I don't know how but she always figured out when I was lying.

"Tell me the whole story Ahana. You can't hide you know." She said. I sighed.

"He teased me and then I got mad and eventually asked him to kiss me. He was surprised but obliged." I said softly, feeling shy.

"You asked him to kiss you? Oh my god." She said, her eyes widened. I felt even more embarrassed.

"Hey. Why are you feeling embarrassed?" she asked me softly. "I don't know. Was it wrong?" I whispered. "Ahana, there's nothing to feel embarrassed about. He's going to be your fiancé. You like him. He likes you. There's nothing wrong in kissing. And there's nothing wrong in you asking him to kiss you. Heck you guys can even do the deed and no one can say it's wrong." She explained, her eyes softened.

I smiled and hugged her. She immediately hugged back. "I'll miss you." I said. "I'll miss you too. But you'll just be living three hours away. It's not going to be very hard." She said. I nodded and smiled.

"Besides, Rehaan isn't one of those dominating people so I can come over and you can come and meet me too." She said. That's true. Rehaan is wonderful. I'm so glad he's the one I'm marrying.

"Beta! Come on." Mum said. We nodded and went towards the hall where the pandit had both our kundalis (Mine and Rehaan's). I saw him sitting with his dad and Aryan. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and sat in between his mother and Aisha.

Today it will be decided. The day we get engaged. I'm nervous and excited. Everything is going perfectly and it will go perfect or so I hoped.

------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys. I know. Long time since I updated.

I'm sorry.

Let me know how you liked the chapter!

Vote, comment and share!

                                           -007potter