31

"Wait a minute....so you actually ran around the house outside naked?" Drew said while laughing hard.

I did as well and sipped my hot chocolate. "Yup, and it was dark as can be so I tripped probably like eight times. What can I say, I never back out of a dare." Drew gave me a look and I grunted. "If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, don't."

Drew chuckled. "Oh come on, don't be such a...a girl." I narrowed my eyes and he smirked. "Yeah thats right, a big girly girl."

I growled. "Watch it boy. Alright, dare me."

Drew seemed to think about it for a second. "I dare you...to let me show you around Italy tomorrow morning."

I stared at him and almost dropped my mug. "W-what?"

He smiled. "That is what I'm daring you. So, you accept?"

"Accept what?" Jace asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Well Anna here said she never backs out on a dare." Drew said to him but never took his eyes off of me.

Jace laughed. "Ain't that the truth. Anna, Sasha wants to see you."

I glared at him. "Oh, so now you want to speak?" I rolled my eyes. "See you tomorrow Drew." I walked past Jace and then stopped. "And I accept." I walked out, hearing Jace behind me.

"Anna please wait up. Look I-I'm sorry okay? I just...." I turned to look at him and I felt my anger melt away at the sight if his face. "You don't understand what it feels like to lose you over and over again."

I sighed and walked up to him and cupped his cheek. "I'm right here, Jace." I kissed his lips softly. "Always." I whispered against his mouth. He smiled and nodded before kissing me passionately that left me light headed.

"Come on." He said and I followed him. We ended up in a room that looked like a hospital room. Sasha was in there holding a chart. "We're here."

She smiled. "Good I-" Out of no where the room started shaking as if a earthquake approached us. "What the hell?" Wind started up so powerful it knocked us to our butts. The room started spinning and then all of a sudden we were all outside. I mean ALL of us.

"What the hell happened?!" Lajando yelled but before anyone could answer there was a loud horn noise. Then silence. The ground started shaking again and this time it split. In the opening, weird black gooey creatures climbed out and stood in a line. They had razor sharp teeth and blood red eyes.

They made this screeching noise and then ran toward us. Everyone shifted. I tried but I couldn't. What the.... 'Ella?' Silence. 'ELLA???!!' Nothing. I began to panick.

'ANNA SHIFT!' Jace yelled.

"I CAN'T!!" I yelled as one started running towards me.

Drew shifted back into human after splitting one in half. "ANNA RUN!!!" And that's what I did. I ran.

I could hear the screeching noise from behind me. It got closer to me and then jumped on my back. We tumbled down and it ended up on top of me. I used my arms to keep it from biting my face off. "Get....off of... ME!!" A white light appeared in the middle of my chest and it burned like crazy. I screamed, as did the creature. I opened my eyes to see the creature was gone.

I looked around as I got up. "Anna?? Annalise?!" I heard from afar. I started walking when my chest burned again. I hissed and in button it a little. Right there I'm the vented of my chest was a weird symbol. It looked like as if I was branded or something. "Baby?!" Jace yelled and when he saw me and sighed in relief. "I knew you could take them!" He winked and I couldn't help but laugh. "Whoa, what happened here?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. One minute I'm digging that thing off and the next it's gone and that's here. Jace....I-I can't shift. Ella won't talk to me."

Jace nodded. "I know baby, come on lets go." He picked me up bridal style and walked up back to the mansion. The ground was no longer split. We walked inside and saw that everyone was okay but Drew was no where in sight. A sick feeling welded inside my stomach but I ignored it. Jace sat me down on the couch and Sasha brought me some aspirin and water.

"What the hell were those things?!" She snapped.

"Very....very dark creatures." Lajando said and looked through the window. "Whoever conjured them must have immense power. Dovremmo avere paura....."

I have him a confused look. "He said we should be afraid." Sasha said and put her hand through her hair.

"I can't shift guys. Ella must me gone." I held back my tears and the lump in my throat.

"No she's still there, my wolf senses her but she's....like in a deep trance or sleep of some kind." Jace said.

"Another thing, I have this weird symbol branded on my chest." I showed them.

Sasha gasped. "Why does these things always happen to you?"

"It's not just her." Drew said as he walked through the kitchen door. He lifted up his left sleeve. "Because I have the same brand." We gasped. "Except I got mine when I turned sixteen. The day I became a Custode."

Lajando sucked in his breathe. "No, not her too."

"What is a Custode?" I asked and looked at both of them.

Lajando sighed. "A Guardian."

So sorry I haven't been updating sooner. I promise it'll be like before! Muahhhh to all of you who read this i really do appreciate it like seriously ❤️