Chapter 3 - Stay here

Your P.O.V:

I couldn't help but smile at him. Surprisingly, I trusted him and felt like I'd known him ages. I just couldn't head around the fact that he wanted to help me. I just couldn't understand it. "I know what it's like to feel like you're worth nothing." He admitted as he held my hands in his to reassure me that he was there and to stop them from shaking. "I hate the thought that someone as wonderful as you has to feel that way too." He said and in that moment, for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel alone anymore. I couldn't help that think that he was too perfect for this world. A place like this didn't deserve somebody like him.  

"Okay." He said, gently. "Here's what's going to happen. You can stay here." He offered and as much as I would've like to do that, I knew that I couldn't. It wasn't fair for him to save me and give me a place to live all in one day. "No." I told him. "I can't do that." I told him as I shook my head. "I've been enough trouble for you today." I let out a small laugh as I ran my fingers through my hair and turned away from him.

"No you haven't." He told me as he turned me back to face him. " It'd be my pleasure to let you crash here. I have a spare room that you can use and besides, you'd be great company." Everything that he said sounded genuine and sincere and it made me cry a little bit. "Thank you." I replied, touched by his generosity. 'He really is too perfect for this crappy little world'. I told myself. Right now, my thoughts were all over the place and my heart was beating way too fast. I found myself staring into his eyes; they too, were perfect. He was just him and I felt something that I had never felt for anybody before. "Pull yourself together." I thought to myself. "It's wrong to think about him like that." 

He stood up. "Do you want a drink?" He asked. 

"Sure." I replied after a few seconds. He was trying to make me feel as at home as possible. "What's your name?" I asked, intrigued. "How old are you?"

"Why do you want to know?" He asked, turning around to look me and raising his eyebrows.

"Because, you helping me, god knows why, and besides you know my name." I smiled at him as he stood in front of me. "Also, if I'm going to crash here, with you, I kind of need to know your name." 

 "My name's Billie and I'm 20." He laughed, making me smile. "And I'm helping you because i think you're amazing."

"Well, Billie. I am eternally grateful to you." I smiled before he headed off into the kitchen, coming back a few seconds later with drinks for the both of us. He handed me the drink and sat next to me on the sofa. We ended up talking about everything, about life. "What do you do?" I asked him as I took a sip of my drink. "I'm in a band." He told me. 

"A band?" I repeated. "That's cool. What the band called?" He laughed at my question before he answered it. "Green Day." He told me. "We used to be called Sweet Children but we changed it." He admitted, looking at me. "What about you?" 

"Honestly, nothing." I told him. "I was never really allowed to leave my house. I was treated a little bit like a slave there. They didn't care about me." 

"Clearly." He said as he noticed me looking around his house. I couldn't deny that it was a nice place. "Listen, what's mine is yours." I looked at him. "I want you to help yourself to anything, you don't have to ask." 

"Thanks." I smiled at him. "Am I okay to grab a quick shower?" I asked, nervously. 

"(Y/n). You don't have to ask." He reminded me. "It's just upstairs. Second room on the right. That's your room." He said, pointing upstairs. "Use whatever you want."

 "Thank you." I said again. "Really."

"It's no problem." He said as I grabbed the bag that had all of my stuff in and headed up and into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror. "Everything is going to be okay." I told my reflection. "It's all going to be okay." 

I switched on the shower and let the water run for a few seconds as I grabbed the shower gel and the shampoo that I had already packed in my bag. I jumped into the shower and sighed as I felt the hot water as it hit my back. It was in that moment, I realised that I was finally safe and free. I washed all of the blood off of my body and out of my hair before I got out of the shower and dried myself off with a towel before changing into a new pair of clothes.I headed back downstairs, leaving my bag in what was to be my bedroom. 

"Better?" Billie asked as I came downstairs and into the kitchen, holding the towel. 

"A lot better." (Y/n) smiled as Billie took the towel off her and placed it in the wash basket. Billie was cooking something. "It smells great." I told him as he plated it up. 

"Glad you think so." He smiled. "Here you go." He pulled out a chair for me to sit on before he sat opposite and we ate dinner. I swear that, that was the first time in a long time that I had laughed and truly meant it. Billie had made me feel so welcome in his home, despite me being a total stranger. "It's going to be fun having you here." He told me as he looked at me. "You're funny." I felt myself blush sightly. I was looking forward to staying here with Billie. Everything was going to be alright.