opinions

I thought I would take the time to write down some of my opinions on social issues and things I've seen on social media that I very much so want to speak about.

1. Muslims do not practice hate. They practice their religion. You cannot blame an entire culture for what few have done.

2. I do not like memes about Harambe. I do not find them funny. I honestly feel sad when thinking about the gorilla who was killed, I don't laugh.

3. Harley and the Joker are toxic. I don't support abusive relationships irl or in fiction. And any couple who goes out as them for Halloween won't be getting candy from me but rather a lecture on why you shouldn't support abusive relationships.

4. Unlike many members of my class who said so today, if I saw ANYONE on the street who was very ill, homeless or not, I would get help. I would hope someone would do the same for me no matter the clothes I wear or my social status.

5. I believe everyone should be equal.

6. I think that Donald Trump promotes hatred and racism, which will result in conflict in that country therefore making it worse not better.

7. I support Justin Trudeau's decision on bringing refugees over to Canada from Syria. Canada gives them homes and jobs, another chance. I don't believe it was a mistake. I think it made me have hope for the world that someone would be so kind.

8. I believe a woman has a say in what she does with her own body. I am pro choice. If you're not the one who is having the baby, it is not your decision. Having a baby isn't the easiest thing in the world. Even though adoption is available, you still have to give birth which would be a very painful process.

9. I believe that sexual offenders are the absolute scum of the earth and do not understand as to why so many of them get off. There's even been cases where children were assaulted and the perpetrator got a slap of the wrist. Personally, I think they deserve to live the rest of their life rotting in a jail cell.

10. I believe that teachers need to stop treating students like shit and like they're stupid. I understand you don't want to be here, we don't either, but we're trying to get an education and your shîtty attitude isn't helping.

11. I don't think tests should be a thing. Not because I don't want to do them but because it causes students so much stress and many forget everything as soon as they go to write it.

12. I think that you deserve happiness