don't let them die [letter]

after watching this video that broke my heart, I decided it was time to sit down and write to those who are against refugees in their country.

do you ever stop and think about how lucky you are? you complain to the waitress that this was not what you ordered and take advantage of everything you have. I know what you're thinking, " I work for what I have, I deserve this ". and maybe you do. maybe you deserve the whole world. what you don't realize is that there are people out there working twice and hard as you and not getting your pay. " I'm not lucky, I've suffered " I'm sure you have. what you don't see is that there is always gonna be someone who has it worse than you. this is when you realize how lucky you are but refuse to come to terms with how unlucky others are. I can understand you wanting your government to put your country first, but what I cannot understand is you being against your country giving people a second chance at life. there are people who live in fear and terror every single day of their lives. kids in our country are thinking about what they're going to get for Christmas, but kids in their country are thinking about whether or not they're going to live another day. somehow we've put our lives over others and once we get an opportunity to help them, we turn it down.

it's about time we start trying to save the world instead of only trying to save ourselves.