Chapter 6 : My Heart Skipped a Beat

=======================================================

It's been a week since Johnny had to work overtime at the station. He often misses our dinner and most importantly our time together, and his time with the kids. The kids were not happy about it though. This saturday, the kids visits us in the city and look for their Papa but as usual, he is at work. I had to deal with grumpy kids all day long and told them that Papa is very busy. Johnny, however, always came home at midnight, looking as worn-out as ever, and always leave early in the morning... and this worries me a lot. I didn't want him to push himself too hard and I never want him to be sick. No matter how much Johnny assures me that he was fine, I knew that he was lying just to make me feel better and I didn't have to be a fortune teller to see that. The pale complexion, bags under his eyes, and the tiredness I always hear in his voice didn't go unnoticed.

Being a good husband, I would wait for him to come home, and woke up earlier than him to prepare him coffee and breakfast before he goes to work. Even if I do these things, the only thing that could take away my uncertainties was him taking a break. Jimmy and Tiny missed him. I missed my husband.

I don't have important meetings today so I called Lily earlier that I will not go to the office. I called my mom and asked her if I could have a day with my kids and she said yes. She said mom Trisha will visit her house near us and she volunteers to drive the kids. I am planning to take the kids to the village's park, where I prepared a picnic basket and mat. I know my kids missed their friends here, and also to take away their mind off their Papa.

I jolted when I heard my phone rang. I answered it once I saw the name of the caller.

"Oh, hi Chloe! It's been a while. How are you and Sam?"

"We're good. I've heard the newsm Tim. I am sorry," she said

"Hey, why are you sorry? and for goodness sake, why are you crying?" I asked

"Because I am the reason you turned gay. Because of that dare. I'm sorry, Timmy. I told Sam about it and I don't know if he was angry," she continued

"About that, there's no need to be sorry, Chloe. It was our heart who decides who we love. It just happen that I found myself inlove with that dancer, well he's not a real dancer. I'll call Sam later, anyway, you two here in Shanghai?" I asked.

"Just me. You know your friend, he loves spending his time over paintings and books. Let's meet up. I missed you Tim!"

"Yeah. You know our village right? Just go to the park where I will meet you. See you later,"

"See you later Tim!"

=======================================================

I finished packing all the necessary stuffs for our picnic. I also brought their favorite toys. How I wish Johnny could join us. I mizsed him so much that it hurts thinking about his touch, his voice and the way he makes me feel whenever he is beside me. I shook off the negative thoughts and starts driving.

At the park, I saw mom Trisha and the kids waiting for me.

"Mom Trisha, you're early," I said cause I knew it was a long drive.

"Helena lied to you, sweetie. These kids asked your mom if they could spend the weekend with you two. She agreed but the driver was off, since I am visiting our house here, I volunteer to drive them here,"

"Oh, my mom. Thanks mom Trisha." I hugged her and waved goodbye.

"Dada, we missed you," the twins said.

"Dada missed the both of you too. Ready for our picnic?" I asked

"Yes!" They replied in glee and we start walking to look for a spot to place our mat. My phone rings and I immediately answered it.

"Hey, Tim. I'm already here. Where are you?" Chloe asked

"Near the monkey bars. Oh, I think I saw you," I looked at her direction and waved my hands

She ran on our way and she was delighted to see two young versions of me and Johnny.

"Oh my. Timmy, are these kids your sons?" She asked.

"Yes, Chloe. Jimmy and Tony. Kids, say hello to your Aunt Chloe,"

"Hello, Aunt Chloe," the kids said in unison.

"How charming. They look like the both of you. Tell me who the mother is, you slicky couple." She asked

"Language, Chloe. They were kids." I said. I turn to my kids and told them to play on the monkey bars or whereer they want but still in my sight and they both ran like a free man.

"Back to your question, We are the parents of these kids. Genetically. Hard to believe but it just happens." I said

"Did you... Did you undergo pregnancy?" She asked

"No. I've heard cases of that but in our case, no. Heaven sent the twins to us," I said

"Oh, how are you Tim?" She asked

"I am good. My company's going strong. The kids were healthy. Johnny's working on his promotion and our stalker finally leaves us alone." I said

"What? You have a stalker?" She asked

"Close your mouth. Yes, last month when that person started disturbing our peace."

"Denmark just let it happen?"

"No. Denmark did everything he could but we have no lead who that person was,"

"So are we safe right now?"

"Why? You scared? But for now, I assume that we are safe."

"I am not scared, DUH! I just want to be married to Sam, so I will not let that stalker kill me before it happens," she said smiling

"Silly! Same old Chloe!"

"Yeah, Dimwit Timmy! That's why we're friends. Very good friends,"

We shared an afternoon full of fun and laughter, when all of a sudden my phone rings.

I checked who it was and I answered it because it was Johnny calling,

"Hello, good afternoon, is this Mr. Timmy Huang? Husband of Mr. Johnny Huang?" The voice on the other end asked

"Yes, I am Timmy Huang. What's with my husband?" I asked nervously.

"Sir, I am calling in behalf of The Beijing Medical Center. Your husband, Mr. Huang is confined here,"

"Confined? What happened?" I asked. What is wrong with him? Why is he in the hospital?

"Sir, he is in emergency room right now receiving treatment. According to his officemates, your husband lost consciousness while working and we assumed he had a minor heart attack,"

The next line sounds blurred as tears were now flowing freely down my cheeks.

Johnny in E.R. Minor heart attack.

No! It can't be!

=======================================================

Another update... ta daa!!

I'll go with Bhon in the mountains this weekend so I post this chapter in advance..

Another chapter will be updated once we go down..

So love lots guys! Need to study more for our exams xx