Chapter 16 : Dying

[ Timmy ]

I'm still standing at the toy section in the mall, with Jimmy on my side whose hands were grabbing my pants. I was frantically looking around, believing that Tony will pop out and laugh at us like what he do at home to try to scare us, but deep down I know, it won't happen. I already lose Johnny... I can't afford to lose Tony too. I don't think I can handle the "worst case scenario", if Tony was really abducted. Tony is still small, he can't protect himself. I shrugged off my thoughts. There's no time for me to invite negativity. I started rushing to the front entrance, hoping that somehow, Tony was there, but the sight I saw only breaks my heart.

There's a commotion. Looks like someone started a fight over there. And there I saw Tony.

Tony's crying.

And he was picked up by a hooded man.

And both disappeared within seconds in the sea of people.

"Tony!" I screamed as I run as fast as I can, with a toddler in my arms. I already lost them. Tears were now flowing down my cheeks. I didn't see the face of the man because his back is against me. I can't believe what I just saw. My little baby was kidnapped.

=======================================================

"Calm down. We will put an all-points bulletin regarding your friend's son. We will do a parameter search and we will review the security camera and look for other clues."

I can hear the police officers talking to Chloe. I sat at my house' sofa with Jimmy on my lap, sleeping soundly.

"We will contact you and Mr. Xu as soon as possible, whenever there is a new update. Rest assured that we will do our best, Miss," the officer told her.

Earlier, I saw the hooded man pick up Tony. My knees shake and my vision becomes blurry, my heart was beating fast and my brain can't function properly. I only did what I can at that moment, as much as I hate to admit it, I needed my friends help this time so I called Chloe. I am literally blabbering nonsense maybe because of hysteria. Luckily, Chloe understands what I just said, half an hour later, Chloe is cleaning my mess. Driving us home and keeping me sane.

I went auto pilot since then. Listening to Chloe told me what should I do, answering the police's questions, and honestly I wasn't that much of a help because I didn't saw Tony's kidnapper.

Tony.

I hate to think what Tony might be going through right now. Is he safe? Probably, for the sake of my sanity. For me, for his Papa Johnny and his twin Jimmy. It's bad enough that he lost his Papa and now, he will be traumatized by this incident.

"Thank you officer! Thank you very much," Chloe thanked the police officer. Seeing the policeman reminds me of Johnny. Does he still works as a detective? If he was here, I wonder how panicked would he be? He won't probably sit down and keep walking here and then, messing with his raven hair and even biting his nails.

"Timmy?" Chloe spoke softly. She moved Jimmy on my lap. "They're doing everything they can to find Tony. Right now, all we can do is wait,"

"I know... Thanks Chloe, for being here..." I told her. I wanted to cry but I don't think there's any tears left. "Don't you think we should look for him?" I asked,

"I should be mad at you in the first place for leaving all of us behind. Do Robin, Alexander and Denmark know you are here? If nothing bad happens, you won't remember to call us?" She sighed.

I just shook my head. "I didn't mean to..."

"Alright, alright. Silly, it's okay now. I am here. I'm sure everyone will be here too. Everything will be alright, okay? For now, wake up that little kid and let's have our dinner first. We could go and look for him after dinner," she smiled.