Chapter 22 : Just You... Only You (Zhou)

======================================================

"We've looked up all the CCTV's available and saw that car you reported," an officer relayed his message,

"Thanks. Where are they heading?" I asks,

"To Shanghai,"

My heart starts beating faster. I suddenly had the urge to go there as fast as I could.

"I'll go there, Den, can you guys back me up? I have a bad feeling about this," I looked up to him and he nods,

"Sure, I'll just coordinate with the officers over there. Hurry up, my best friend and my nephew are waiting," he tapped my shoulder. "I'll wish you the best, brother,"

I nod then immediately rushed to the parking area. It's already noon, making my way to Shanghai will be a two hour ride. Starting the engine of the car, I drove off. While on the road, my phone started ringing.. Tony's tracker. Timmy might have turned it on so I opened my phone's app for it.

I drive and looking at the tracker, they are in motion, they're still in the car and by the looks of it, they're already in Shanghai.

I'm about to break the rules about speeding when I saw the traffic jam in front of me. Damn. At times like this, seriously?

I cleared the people on the scene and tried to move them to the bay, telling them that they should settle the issue without getting everyone involved and so they did.

I started the engine again then continue with my ride when I suddenly notice the tracker stopped, right after they enter the Nanjing Road. They must have noticed the tracker, but how?

"Who could it be?" I asked myself but only one name came in my mind. Uncle Mark Xu.

I tried calling Timmy but the phone's already off.

Where the hell should I find them?

I stopped at Nanjing Road to look for any clues. I go to the police department to find any videos relating to the car. My questions were answered seeing the car in one of the videos going through a familiar road. I thanked the officer and told them to contact Denmark to tell them where am I heading.

I rushed off and drive away to a familiar route. Back to where it all started.

It took me almost an hour to reach my destination. I rushed off the car seeing 3 black cars parked on the road. I checked them one by one and saw my son's watch, broken into pieces.

I'm about to enter Timmy's mansion to look for any signs of break-in but one fast car came into view.

I immediately went to my car and hid there, to see if they are the one responsible for the abduction or just Timmy's relatives.

"Have you seen the look on that guy? Do you think he have a chance against us even if he isn't tied? If his looks could kill, I bet we would be in our casket now!" One guy said. By the looks of it, those guys were the ones responsible for the abductions. I immediately put on my vest for safety reasons, loaded my gun and put a spare one if worst comes to worst. I get out of the car and hold one of the goons.

"What did you say? Where's my husband?!" I ask pointing the gun to them.

"Hmmm.. so you are the husband?" The other one replied,

"Yes, now, answer my question!"

"Why would I tell you?" The other one replied then started running off the trail on the cliff.

I fired a warning shot to make them stop but the goons fired shots too.

I managed to take down one and make him talk.