Chapter 15 : Not Again

======================================================

[Johnny]

"We have to perform the surgery as soon as possible before it's too late, Johnny," Robin said. We are in his office where it smells off chemicals, as always.

After I passed out, Denmark rushed me to where Robin works. Robin has been our family's doctor, for he said, he is only repaying his debt over my husband, which is his best friend. He is the first person to know about my condition. I have Chronic Renal Disease. I have a progressive loss in renal function about half a year now. He laid out a few choices for me but I ignored it. And now, it's too late for any kind of treatment, my only option is kidney transplant or kidney replacement from a living donor or from a cadaver. I have my scheduled surgery last month but with the recent events, I had to cancel it. My drinking habit made it worst, the infection grew more rapid and the pain was much more prominent.

"I know. I know that," I replied

"No, I don't think you do. I strictly told you not to consume any alcohol and yet you did. Did Timmy know this? Did you tell him your situation already? I should've told him myself. You are putting your life in danger here!" He said angrily.

"I... I can't find him. He... he moved away... with the kids," I choked out. I felt my chest tightening.

"He what? That prick! He only told me he is only going on vacation. Damn!" He said then he sat down on his chair, rubbing his temples. "You do know that he is a perfect donor, if you can't find him, would you let me find you another donor?" He asks,

"No," I quickly replied. I would rather not go through the operation if Timmy is not my donor.

"Johnny..."

"I'll find him, okay? I'll tell him and if he didn't want to be my donor then I will not go through the operation. That's my final decision," I stated firmly

"Johnny, you know that I can't let you do that. Think about Timmy... Tony and Jimmy. You're not that selfish, right?" He asks with disbelief,

"I can't live without them, Robin. If I can't have them, I might as well be dead," I replied then walks out of his office. I actually ran straight to my car.

Got no time to spare. I need to find my family.

"Where the hell have you been hiding, Timmy!!??" I shouted inside the car, with tears in my eyes.

=======================================================

[ Timmy ]

It has been a week since Uncle Mark called, frankly speaking, I am dying to see Johnny at our doorstep again. I know it's impossible at the moment but knowing him, I know he is doing his very best to see us.

Sunday, and it's the day we will go to the nearest mall. We badly needed our supply.

"Jimmy, don't forget to wear your shoes! No buts honey! You look good with shoes," I told him, Jimmy was somehow indifferent to shoes. I don't know why, but he just don't like wearing it. He prefers walking in his slippers or bare feet.

"Yes, sir!" He replied, imitating a soldier.

"Where's your brother?"

"At the front of the mirror, talking to himself..." he replied

I just let out a heavy sigh. Tony needs help, hope to find a clinic nearby.

"Tony, we're leaving soon! Come on down, honey!" I shouted

I heard rustling footsteps coming down.

"Daddy, I'm ready!" He said happily,

"Good. You're looking good..."