Power Outage

—————

Sucker for Pain - Ty Dolla Sign, Lil Wayne, Imagine Dragons, Wiz Khalifa, Logic • Suicide Squad
—————

"Facial reconstruction software. It was designed to help archeologists and should help us ID your crispy corpse." Cisco said. Barry had come in to Star Labs just minutes before asking for help on a case. I was sitting cross legged on a chair, in my Nightshade suit listening in on the conversation. "How'd this guy get fried in the first place?" I ask. "Do you think there's a meta human out there that can control electricity?" Barry said to Cisco. "It would take a serious electro static discharge to create that level of tissue damage." Wells said.

"Guys according to the software there's an 82% chance the guy looked like this." Cisco announced. I looked at the photo "Well it's not as hard to look at him as before." I say. " only 82% are you sure?" Barry asked. "Hey it was a 0 when you walked in here man." Cisco said. "Can you cross reference that with the DBM database? See if we get a name?" Barry asked. "Absolutely. This software can do about anything after Felicity updated it." Cisco typed a bit more "Casey Donahue, no wife, no kids. Used to work at the Petersburg electrical substation." Cisco finished.

Something beeped on the screen. "That's weird, someone just used his ID to get into the substation." Cisco said. I grabbed my bow off the floor. Barry ran out and then back into the cortex with his flash suit on. "The Petersburg Grant is experiencing a power drain right now!" Cisco yelled.

I turn to Barry "You ready?"

"Yep"

Then the familiar sound of Barry running us the the power substation filled my ears.

—————

We stopped in the substation and immediately saw a man drawing electricity from the power station. Barry and I glanced at each other before running into motion. I quickly took out an arrow and shot it at the mans feet. The arrow caused a small enough explosion for the man to stop and turned to look at me.

"Uhh Hi there, sir. Umm I-uh um well uh.. Oh god." I sighed trying to keep the mans attention on me as Barry ran up behind him. "Uhh what colour are your shoes?" I asked motioning to Barry to hurry up. The man started walking towards me but Barry knocked the man over.

The thing that happened next was shocking.

The man recovered from the blow fast and got up to his feet and shoot bolts of lightning at Barry but instead of hitting him with the lightning, he seemed to draw lightning from Barry. I shielded my eyes as the light became to bright.

And then it stopped.

I quickly spotted Barry on the ground a few feet away. He was still moving which currently was a good sign. I then saw the man slowly walking away from us.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going!?" I yelled. The man turned to me and smiled. He raised his hand and shot a bolt of lightening at me. I ducked and rolled to the side only for the lightning to hit the metal structure behind me. I only had time to cover my head before the structure collapsed on top of me.

—————

"Lexi!"

"Lexi can you hear me?"