That One Summer-Ch.32

Okay! Chapter thirty-twooo!

NOTE--there's two more chapters left. I'll tell you more about them at the bottom. :)

--Mallory-

I laughed as Thomas tripped over the air at the store. He playfully glared at me and I stuck my tongue out.           

            “You’re never going to grow up are you?” He smirked as he rubbed a thumb over my cheek. I felt my cheeks flame up and I closed my eyes, loving his touch. When I opened them, Thomas was extremely close to me. I gasped.         

            “Mallory.” He whispered. I glanced over his shoulder.

            “Ooh! Apples!” I chirped and then rushed over to the granny apples.

            “Can I have one?”

            “Uh, sure.” Thomas smiled.  I grinned and picked out the biggest apple I could find.

            “So what else do you want to get? We could get little deli sandwiches?”

            “Okay!” I nodded. Thomas picked up a banana and then we headed to the deli. Without thinking, I grabbed Thomas’ hand. He looked down at me, shocked. I let go and mumbled a sorry but then Thomas took my hand again and shook his head. He had a huge grin on his face. I couldn’t help but smile too. When we got to the counter, the lady asked us what we wanted. I opened my mouth to answer but then Thomas cut me off.

            “She’ll have a wheat bread with turkey, American cheese, lettuce, tomato and some mustard. And for me, I’ll have the same but with smoked ham and no mustard.” Thomas pulled out his leather back wallet from his back pocket. I stared at him, dumbfounded.

            “What?” Thomas looked at me while he handed the woman the money.

            “You…you ordered for me.”

            “Well yeah, I know. I used to bring you sandwiches before.” He shrugged and I felt my heart speed up with happiness. He remembered. I smiled up at him.      

            “Thank you.” I whispered.

            “What?”

            “I don’t know, you remembered. That just makes me happy.” I looked away from him and played with the ends of my hair.

            “Mallory.”

            “Wha-“ I turned to look at him, and he planted his lips on mine and my body got all heated up. Sparks were flying; my heart was beating so, so, so fast. I was getting dizzy and pulled away.

            “Sorry, I just had to do it.” Thomas rubbed the back of his neck. I didn’t speak. Instead I replaced his hand with mine and brought his lips back to mine. At first, I could tell that he was shocked, but it was only for a few seconds because then he was kissing me back.

            “Uh, excuse me sir, your sandwiches are ready.” The girl said awkwardly. I blushed and looked at her apologetically. She winked at me and I felt my ears heat up.

            “Back to school!” He held the bag of our food in the air. I giggled and he grabbed my hand and we walked back to his truck.

            “Actually, I don’t want to go back to school.” I said after we were both buckled in. The bag of food was sitting in my lap, taunting me.