Chapter 5

" what did kelly mean last night?" Jimmy asked me.
" what do you mean."
" he said tell them the real reasons why you left."
" jimmy..."
" if you don't want to tell me it's fine"
" Camille died and I couldn't deal with it. That and jay and I were getting closer and I realized I didn't want to deal with any of it anymore so I left. I came back jimmy that's all that matters."
" I'm glad you're back." He said and kissed my head
" me too. You're working today?"
" yeah. You?"
" yeah I gotta get going I'll see you later."
"Okay I'll see you tonight." He said and kissed me. That was our first kiss. We kept kissing.
" okay okay okay I really gotta go." I smiled
" are you sure?" He laughed
" yeah and so do you before both Boden and voight have our heads." And I walked out the door.

At the district....

" wow I think we'll change your name to smiley, cincinatti." Alvin said
I just smiled.
" what happened last night?" Erin asked
" nothing." I said smiling
" omg this morning?!" She chirped
" shhhh." I said
" you dirty girl!"
" we just kissed Erin it's no big deal."
" oh yeah sure."
" how's kelly?"
" don't know haven't talked to him."
" is it the end for you two?"
" probably."
" I'm sorry Erin."
" not your fault."
" okay you guys this morning a cop from the 33rd district and his family was killed. No security cameras nothing. The only thing we did find was the officers and family cell phones. Mouse is running them to see if there are any connections but right now hit the streets I want 2-3 per car. Nobody leaves alone got it?"  We all left
" Linsey, severide lets go." Jay said
" who's he yelling at?" Erin asked and I laughed
We got in the car and started to drive.
" who kills a cop and his family" Erin said
" disgusting." I said and then our radios went off.
CPD all units are needed to respond to the carry out of officer Michaelson with lights and sirens I repeat all units respond to 336 Alpha street for the carry out of officer michaelson with lights and sirens.
"Let's go." Jay said and he turned on the lights and sirens. We parked along the other cars and got out and stood in line. Voight met us there and stood in front of us. The chief looked at us and began.
" Chicago Police Department Attention!" He yelled and everyone began to salute. The bag pipes played and tears stained everyone's eyes. When the rest of the family was brought out we noticed a police officer sticking his hand out to someone in the house. Jay was behind me. The officer walked outside with a little girl. My heart dropped. The guy missed one.
"Hank." I said
He looked. "Go." He said.
Jay and I walked up to the little girl.
"Hi I'm detective severide and this is detective halstead. Can you tell me your name?"
"Emily. Emily michaelson." The little girl said.
"You got her?" The officer asked and I nodded
"Emily how old are you?"  Jay asked
" 5."
" do you mind taking a ride with us? Are you hungry?"
She just nodded.
We got her in the car and we took her downtown.
"Ruzek can you order some lunch." I said and he nodded and got on the phone. I took her to the questioning  room.
"Emily are you okay with us asking you some questions?" Erin asked and she nodded.
"Emily, were you there last night when this happened?" I asked and she nodded with tears in your eyes.
" Emily we get this is hard and you may not want to talk about it but you're safe with us and the faster we get the info and the more info we get the faster we get the people who did this to you and your family."
" three." She said
" three what sweet heart?" I asked
"Three people came into my house last night."
"Okay good, do you remember anything else?" Erin asked
" they were all tall around my daddys height. They knocked on the door late I was in bed. I heard some arguing and then I heard a gunshot and my mom yelling someone's name. Then they went into my sisters room and shot her cause she started to yell. They were in there for like two seconds. They came in my room but I hid on the balcony."
" good sweetheart good." I said
" Emily you said your mom said a name do you know what the name was."
" I think she said Aaron. But I recognized another guy. We call him Santa Claus. They work for my dads company until my dad stopped working."
" okay honey that's good. Why don't you go get something to eat." Erin said and we all looked at each other.
"Guys get in here." Ruzek said and we followed him to the main room.
" what we get?" Voight asked
" officer James michaelson owner of the company michaelson dealery when the company went down for a wrong deal. Company got shut down. The guy Santa Claus that Emily was talking about is a top knotch dealer on the upper east side they say it's like Christmas Day when they get what they ask for."
" get these scum bags in our cage now." Voight said
Everyone hit the street. We found the guys address and hit that.
"That's his car." I said over the radio
" be careful guys."
Antonio called it and we busted the door down.
"CPD OUT YOUR HANDS UP GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR!" We yelled as they all began to ran.
" hales!" Jay yelled as one guy tackled me and put a gun to my head.
" put the gun down and I let you limp away or I shoot you and you never see the light of day again." Jay said. Everyone else was putting the other guys in the car.
" ooohh he's a little defensive over you. This your girlfriend? Huh? Let me go and you can have her."
Jay looked at me and nodded and put his gun down.
" now let her go." He said
The guys were back in the room with their guns drawn.
" not a chance tell your boys to back off."
" we can't do that you see that's one of our own you have at gunpoint and we never put down our weapon before you put down yours." Voight said
" let me walk and you can have her." The guy said
" ya know for Santa Claus you're not very jolly." Ruzek said
" they call me Santa Claus cause I bring drugs you moron."
" maybe they should switch your name to captain obvious." Antonio said
That's when I elbowed him to the groin and the gun went off. I thought I had been shot. The guys arrested him.
" Hales!" Jay yelled and ran to me.
" I'm fine I'm good. I didn't get shot." I said
" cmon lets get you out of here."

Back at the station..

" you alright?" Everyone asked
" yeah I'm good you guys thanks." I said. The guy was guilty and was facing murder charges.
" cmon I'll take you home." Jay said
" actually I could really go for a drink." I said and he giggled.

At the bar...

I walked in and jimmy saw me.
" thank god you're okay. God hales I was scared." He said
" me too but I'm okay." I said and he hugged me tight. Justin walked up.
" hales I don't know what would've happened if something did happen to you." He said hugging me
" I'm not going anywhere justin I promise." I said and we all sat and drank.
" I'm gonna head out." Jay said about an hour later.
" you sure?" I asked and he smiled
" yeah I'm glad you're okay hales. I'll call you in the morning ." He said and kissed the top of my head " borelli, justin." He said and shook their hands and walked out.
" you about ready to head home?" Jimmy asked me.
" yeah cmon. Night justin."
" night hales be safe. Jimmy take care of her."
" always do." Jimmy said and we walked out.