Eleven: Honey

It was getting late. The pizzeria was due to open in the morning, and the very thought of it sent a wild mix of emotions through your head.

The foremost being how well your mascots would be accepted.

You tried to desperately cling to the idea that things would go well. You knew they would; if your designs were an issue, the owner would have spoken up. But that doubt still remained.

You also tried to ignore what had happened earlier, but it was too damn hard to forget about being kissed by two very different people.

'People? Or just a person and a robot? .... no, Toy Bonnie was definitely human that time. At least partially. Robots don't bruise like that. God damn it Fritz.'

It struck you hard: how Fritz insisted on taking the new night guard position. Telling the owner he wanted to protect your work.

Protect or demolish?

Mouth pressed thin, you gave into thinking over what had happened. How it felt to be kissed by the two of them.

Strange, to be sure.

'I... I did like them both. I know I did. But...'

But there was a serious problem. You did show your bunny-human hybrid how to kiss, and you'd be damned if you didn't enjoy every second...

But with Fritz? You gave in. You didn't kiss back. There was still that feeling of frustration, of being so thoroughly sick of his attitude and the hateful words he spewed from his mouth.

If it hadn't been for the Toys, things would have been different. But he'd come to despise what you worked so hard to create, no matter how much he said he was proud of you.

How could you just accept that? Telling you he was proud of you, yet angrily protesting the thing every step of the way?

It wouldn't change. You knew it wouldn't... and neither would he.

•••

The grand opening was completely packed. The pizzeria was filled to the top with kids and curious adults alike, and it managed to take your breath away.

Seeing your mascots working so smoothly, so happily with the kids was just the frosting on the cake. Or cupcake, whatever.

Every so often you would catch sight of the owner, his grin as wide as he could possibly show. Whether it was the promise of success or just the money you didn't know, but either way a satisfied owner meant an easier work environment.

You stayed off to the side, moreso watching the animatronics instead of the kids themselves. Just in case they needed to be fixed quickly, or something went wrong.

But they did go wrong, almost immediately. You were right to worry: Funtime Foxy was taken apart almost as soon as Kid's Cove was open! The damned runts couldn't keep their hands off of the poor fox, and you found yourself eventually fighting off tears as the afternoon wore on into evening.

You hid from the masses at that point, ashamed to be crying over it, but it couldn't be helped. Whatever had been done to the mangled fox, he would never be the same.

Heavy hands lay on your shoulders, and the cool hardness of them somehow relaxed you. "What's the matter, sugar? Why the tears?" Toy Bonnie murmured behind you.

You hastily wiped your eyes and tried to smile. "It's just... the kids... can't keep their h-hands to them... themsel..."

The very instant your voice broke into incoherent sobs, the bunny shifted to his human form so you could bury your face into something more comfortable than cold, hard plastic. Warily he eyed the entrance; shifting was risky as hell, but the curtain was held shut by the broken fox. Just in case.