Twenty-Three: Promises

You had to have it all
Well have you had enough?
You greedy little bastard
You will get what you deserve
When all is said and done
I will be the one
To leave you in your misery
And hate what you've become...

Had Enough, Breaking Benjamin

●●●

Cupcake in his hand, he finally set out to return to the office. To you. You were waiting for him, after all, and it wouldn't do to keep you waiting. He'd promised.

It had taken longer than he wanted. There was no mess to clean up, but he'd gotten distracted nonetheless. Trying to subdue two Toys instead of one should have been more difficult, but they were cowardly towards him.

'It doesn't matter. They're out of the way, they'll be fixed before we open, but at least now... they understand.'

Toy Bonnie couldn't help but smile, his pace quickening a bit. Even now when he'd already had you in his arms for so long, he felt excited about seeing you again. He had gotten nearly all the way down the hallway before he felt as though he was forgetting something.

Stopping in his tracks, he thought hard. No, he'd taken care of the Toys, all of them, and he was returning to you with the cupcake like he'd promised. That was it. Nothing more.

'Still...'

●●●

Heavy hands on your shoulders prevented you from simply bolting out of the chair, no matter how much you struggled. Both Freddy and Foxy had come into the owner's office, not long after Jack had paused the video.

For a long time you sat and said nothing. The screen had turned to nothing more than static, but you still saw Bonbon's face. The look of anger, of complete and total loathing as he slaughtered Fritz. Then the calm and collected smile as he cleaned the mess he'd made.

The mess. Whatever was left of your best friend. There was no chance now, no more time to try and defend your bunny. To convince the redhead that his jealousy was misplaced and even a little stupid. He'd been right to worry, to intend to put a stop to Toy Bonnie before things escalated.

But you'd been blinded. Pride, stubbornness, or perhaps even love had blinded you until you could no longer avoid what was plainly in front of you.

You nonetheless struggled to leave, but Freddy's hands were stronger than you could fight off. "Let me go, God damn it!!" you screeched, no longer caring if you were heard.

"And do what, run towards the danger?!" the old leader's deep voice was booming, startling you enough to cease the fighting. His hands still kept you seated. "Too little too late, my dear, but you cannot simply run to him now. Not now, not when you finally understand what your friend had been trying to tell you."

You glared at him, seething. "If you already fucking knew he was right, then why didn't you do something about it?!"

"We didn't. We've only just found out tonight." Freddy returned your glare, though not the intensity. He wanted to make sure you heard him the first time. "He left... your friend's innards in the kitchen cabinets. Bonnie came across them after he had run from finding Toy Freddy."