Twenty: Guilty

Gingerly you touched your lips. Toy Freddy had asked to kiss you once, and while you'd let him, you still felt that terrible pang of regret.

'I knew damn well I should've said no...'

But you hadn't. You'd let the Toy leader get his kiss and were left to deal with the consequences. Or rather, however Bonbon would react.

If you decided to even tell him, that is.

Cautiously you walked from the office, hand still at your mouth. You didn't see Toy Bonnie emerge from the restroom nearby until his hands took your shoulders and snapped you from your reverie. "... are you okay sugar...?" he asked, bright green eyes searching yours.

"Yeah. I'm... I'm fine. Sorry, I..." You couldn't finish. You didn't know why, maybe he already knew. But how? He hadn't followed you. Yet even if he was already aware, the blue-haired guitarist made no mention of it.

"No need to be sorry. You didn't do anything." He smiled. His eyes still searched. Asked you, Right? Nothing happened, did it?

"B-Bonbon," you started, your mouth forming the words before you could even realize it. "Bonbon, I'm sorry, T-Toy Freddy k-kissed me, I let him but he only wan--"

The hand covering your mouth was quick. "Stop," he murmured. "Sugar, I know. I know everything. About what happened in there, what happened in the Cove..."

Shit.

"... everything," he finished. Those green eyes still searched you; for what? If he already knew, what more could he be looking for? "Oh, sugar, I know everything. No one can keep secrets from me," was the human bunny's whisper. The same harsh tone he'd used before. The urgency of it made your stomach drop. "But it's okay. I could never be mad at you. Never."

○○○

Bonnie groaned, pacing in the Parts room with his hands clapped over his face. Foxy, with an eye on the older guitarist, chuckled. "Somethin' th' matter? Ye be lookin' like ye walked inter somethin' bad."

"That's because I did," the human bunny pressed. His face had stopped burning, at least.

'You'd think after so long I'd learn to knock before I walked into a room...'

Still, he wandered back out, unwilling to deal with Foxy's teasing. With his brain racing, he nearly didn't look at where he was going. But that was always his problem; he let his thoughts take precedence.

Bonnie didn't walk into anyone, but his eyes just barely caught the stain on the floor. It was dark and drying quickly; just a few droplets, really. But on white tiles they stood out.

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria was new. The employees weren't exactly lazy, not all of them, and such a stain shouldn't have been missed. So then where had it come from? The purple-haired human knelt down curiously, pink eyes narrowed as he stared.

'What is this? It looks like mud or something... or blood, maybe.'

Blood outside the bathrooms probably wasn't a good sign. Fresh blood was even worse. But Bonnie, squeamish though he may have been, opened the door regardless.

Even if he'd just realized that walking blindly into places wasn't the best idea.

○○○