Twenty-Four: Love

"Don't... don't do that, you'll just... make it worse..." he groaned. "Just calm down, please..."

But she seemed inconsolable. Her sobbing had turned hysterical, and her squirming would only make more trouble than it was worth.

Mangle grimaced, trying to hear his own thought process over her cries. Toy Chica was the very last one to deserve the kind of brutality that Toy Bonnie surely would have given them, but why he hadn't simply killed them outright was what worried him more.

He was stuck, forced into his mascot's broken form. Twisted and bent, his metal endoskeleton had the tiny blonde trapped and dangling from the ceiling. If he tried to switch to his human form, he would drop her to the concrete floor. There was no guarantee he could catch her in time.

Her face contorted against the sobbing, she managed to open her eyes and peer at her living cage. "Wh-what d-d-do we d-do...?" she asked. Begging. Pleading with him, hoping he had the answer. Terror had caught Toy Chica in its grip, and she couldn't think clearly.

He only looked away. "I... I don't know." She whimpered, though her sobs were quieter. The soft cries of defeat, of surrender.

Whatever Toy Bonnie wanted, he needed them out of his way. And Mangle knew what it was the bunny wanted.

●●●

"... S... Sugar...?" Bonbon choked out. But the office was empty. Completely empty.

Where were you? Did you get tired of waiting for him? Had you simply walked away, irritated with your beloved bunny? Perhaps he'd taken longer than he realized, and you were sick of waiting. Sick of his attention, his neediness.

Sick of him and, maybe, had left to search for someone else. Someone else's company, their presence that didn't annoy you. Didn't crave you, your touch, your very existence.

But hadn't he taken care of the worst of it? The red-haired bastard was rotting away, and his boss was probably still oozing blood in the bathroom.

"Sugar... Oh, sugar, no... don't... don't leave me..." he cried to the empty office. Tears began to stream their way down his face.

Bonnie. How could he have forgotten his counterpart? The way he acted around you? He'd walked in on you, more than once, and Bonbon had forgotten.

Leaning on the table, Toy Bonnie cried, shaky and weak. After all he'd said, all he'd done, he'd forgotten the last piece of the bloody puzzle. The final true threat to his happiness.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. They were all a threat, but Bonnie was now the top priority.

One hand against his mouth, the blue-haired human tried desperately to control his sobbing. No, he was breaking down, he could feel it down to his core, he was losing you! After all you'd been through, all he'd been through, he was losing you!

No.

No, he wouldn't have it.

Bonnie couldn't have you. He had nothing to do with you. He might have adored you, but you were not the sole reason for his existence. He was nothing but useless.

Toy Bonnie was made for you. By your own hands. You'd liked the purple bunny enough to want your own, and Bonbon had been the perfect creation.