Nineteen: Laid to Rest

'I cannot do this.

... no, I must!

No, I can't! It's futile!

But she has to know!!'

Toy Freddy paced, hands pressed to his temples, unaware that Mangle was watching him with a bemused expression. Whatever was going on in the leader's mind was entertaining to see, and the white-haired human fox crawled his way away from the party room again, still grinning.

But the Toy leader was far less amused, his frown set deep as he argued with himself. It couldn't be helped, not really. Not when he was losing hope, watching it slip through his fingers. His eyes darted back to the kitchen door for the thousandth time, wincing and praying that he wouldn't have the bravery to go through with it. They weren't made to be courageous.

But they weren't made to love, either, which was something they all fell victim to.

○○○

"S... Sugar..." Bonbon panted, barely able to contain the growling from his throat. He was lost all over again, hands squeezing at your hips as he pressed his own into you. Instinct ran stronger than experience, and he intended to use it before he backed off again.

You didn't fight against it, hands at the guitarist's shoulders, watching his face contorting. He wanted to hide his eagerness, he wanted to hide it badly, but Toy Bonnie wasn't very skilled with hiding his emotions. It was still adorable in its own way, and who were you to deny him? Your human bunny wanted attention. Wanted you.

Something inside you broke open, realizing his need for you. You leaned in, letting Bonbon's face lower into your neck as you whispered into his ear. "It's all right, Bonbon... if you really want me, you--"

Whatever you were about to say, to offer him, was unheard. The kitchen door burst open with a crash and you squeaked, ashamed to have done it to begin with. Bonbon panicked but his grip on you tightened painfully.

Bonnie's face suddenly went a fiery red, standing in the doorway with his eyes wide. "Oh, crap, crap, I am s-so sorry, I didn't kn-know you--" He cut himself off, rushing back out the way he'd come with an audible whimper.

Biting at your lip, your own face burned brightly, but it was all you could do not to start laughing. The feeble efforts at stopping it fell short and you began to giggle despite the blush.

Bonbon only eyed you, frowning. He'd had his chance, damn it! And he was interrupted. Again. It might not have been the redheaded demon, but his older counterpart was really no better. But clearly the hazy moment had been lost in your laughter, as sweet as it was to hear. "Sorry, sugar, I guess privacy is hard to come by," he muttered, more to himself. You merely nodded, wiping your eyes.

'I'll have to make sure he knows not to do it again...'

Toy Bonnie could only watch you as you left the kitchen, pressing a kiss to his cheek beforehand. That was it? A kiss on his cheek? One wonderful moment alone with you, something he should have gotten a hold of by now, lost completely in an instant. And it only earned him a slight peck on his cheek.

Didn't he make you feel the same way? Did he make you weak at the sight of him, so entirely happy at just being near him?

No, he did. He was sure he did. But the distractions were too common and unneeded.