~~~~~~~~~~~~Protectiveness~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure if 'protectiveness' is an actual word, but how else could I explain it? Oh well, enjoy!

And as always, thanks for reading!

ThoseSunsetEyes

=========================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taz went with Up to the gym almost every day, and even though Peter had persisted that his method of training him would be better than anything (as the rehab doctors had suggested it), people were already noticing the difference in him, both physically and mentally, now that he had Taz as his trainer. With two weeks training he was walking up the steps he was previously struggling on as fast as he would have done before his injury.

Within two weeks Taz and Up had started to watch the Karate Kid again...

With three weeks training Up was lifting the same weight as Taz with ease.

Within three weeks Taz and Up were sitting together at dinner again...

With a month’s training Up was running the middle setting on the treadmill without even stumbling (though he still had trouble when moving slowly).

Within a month Taz was falling asleep in Up’s arms every night, regardless of whether she’d had a nightmare...

With two months training when Up strode down the corridors, you could see the fear in privates’, and even some lieutenants’ eyes again.

Within two months Taz had plotted several hilarious revenge plans on Peter, mostly involving them shooting the life out of him...

With three months training Taz was still screaming at Up until she was purple when he was on the treadmill, but Up was managing the second to top speed.

Within three months Up had dared to hold Taz’s hand in the corridor (obviously when there were no rangers around), and she didn’t shake him off...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At around the four month’s training mark, Taz was on her way to dinner when she heard someone calling her name. She turned around and Commander Hibbart was striding towards her down the corridor. When he had caught up with her he gave her a smile; a rare occurrence on Commander Hibbart’s face.

“Lieutenant Taz, I’m glad I’ve managed to get hold of you. I wanted to congratulate you on your outstanding progress with Commander Up,” his voice tactfully hushed when he said Up’s name, so the gossiping ensigns walking past them didn’t have more fuel for their fire. Taz nodded, but politely disagreed with the Commander’s statement, “thank jou, Commander, however I feel Up- Commander Up, was simply being trained in the wrong way and by the wrong person,” okay, so she wasn’t that polite, but this was better than her usual. “Yes. Well due to your work with the Commander, the G.L.E.E have decided that you should be issued a class of ensigns to coach over the next few months, as you aren’t physically incapable of working,” anymore, but mentally you’re messed up; Taz heard the spill-words as loud as what he’d actually said, but that didn’t matter now: she had a group of ensigns to beat up! And she didn’t even need to go anywhere- they were all in the same room! She tried to hide her excitement, but knew she was failing, so briefly said to Hibbart, “thank jou Commander, I appreciate that,” she went to walk away when he nodded in return, but as she turned the corner, he said, “Oh and Lieutenant?” She walked back around the corner to face him, “you don’t need to call him Commander all the time- we all know about you two.” With that comment Taz’s eyes narrowed and her mouth pulled into a purse. Her death-glare (though with the added slight pinkness in her cheeks) struck even Hibbart with fear and he stuttered, “I mean, you’re best friends, aren’t you?” Taz’s shoulders relaxed, and she retracted her expression to her normal glare instead. She thought that she might swear at the Commander if she opened her mouth, so she nodded stiffly and rounded the corner again, resuming her journey to the mess-hall.