Chapter 7 - Dates and surprises

"Promise me it won't change anything between us?" I looked into his eyes and he replied with "I promise." Those two words let me open up to him. Completely. "I'll tell you who 'BamBam' is and then I'll explain all of it " He just nodded. "BamBam is you." I looked up at him to see his reaction but he kept staring into the water. "I loved you. I got so dependent on you, I wanted no one but you. I closed myself off from my friends, my life was writing about you in class, and I spent the rest of my life at home, with you or on my phone. Then the depression started. I felt that you were the only one I was living for. I'm sorry for saying this now, but you were actually the one causing my depression and suicidal thoughts. Once we stopped talking, I began to feel better, I talked to my friends alot more and now I'm happier then ever." I just stared into the pond waiting for him to say something.
I felt his hand grab mine. "It was all me? This whole time?" He asked just above a whisper. I just nodded. He grabbed my side and pulled me closer to him, making my head turn and look at him. His hand remained around my waist and his other hand was on my cheek. "I'm so sorry Lourdes. I had no idea. I promise if I can, I would go back and change it all." "Nothing now can change the past." "I know. I love you Lourdes." "I love you Nate." He leaned in and I turned back to the pond.
"Hey wanna walk around for a little bit and talk?" Nate spoke up after like five minutes of us just staring at the pond with our hands linked. "Sure." We got up and started walking around.
"Should I call Sam and asked where they're at?" I asked Nate. "If you want too." I unlinked our hands and pulled my phone out to dial Sam's number.
L - Hey, are you guys still at the movies?
S - No, we got kicked out like 10 minutes ago. We're driving to the park and then going to Sharkey's.
L - What the fuck. Okay. Flower garden or Donnelly?
S - Flower garden.
L - Well, were right around the corner so well wait for you guys.
S - Oh shit. Okay
L - We'll see you in a few.
S - Alright Lou. I love you.
L - I love you Sam.
I hung up the phone. "They're coming here." I told Nate. "Should we go back to the car then, so it looks like we haven't been walking around." I nodded. He grabbed my hand again, and we headed off to the car.
•••
"So your telling me that you all of a sudden just opened up to him. And told him everything just because he said I promise?" Kizzy asked kind of angrily. I just nodded and looked down. "He's going to hurt you agian. I know he will, and I don't want that happening." "We talked in the car, right before everyone got here about it and everything is fine now." I said hoping to drop the subject. Kizzy got up from the bench and walked away.
I walked over to Nate. He looked at me worriedly but I just grabbed his hand. "We need to talk later?" He whispered into my ear agian. I looked at him with a questioning look. "I never told you my part. I told you earlier that I needed to tell you something but I needed to know who was BamBam first." "Spend the night?" I asked looking up at him. He just nodded.
••• Later that night •••
"Lou! Please! We need to talk!" Sam yelled through my shut bedroom door. Nate wanted to talk about us and his feelings for me. Long story short, he asked me out and I rejected him. He hurt me too much. I don't want it happening again. We agreed, for now at least, that were going to have it like really old times, like brother and sister. We're currently in my room watching Divergent. I haven't talked to Sam at all. Karisma is mad at me for giving Nate another chance. "You should really talk with him." Nate said. I sighed and nodded, knowing he was right.
I got up and opened the door. Sam immediately engulfed me into a hug. "Can we go into my room?" Sam said, making slight contact with Nate. I just nodded and followed him to his room.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know that he was BamBam. I thought you would love it as a surprise. I didn't know he caused you that pain." "Look Sam, I'm fine now. Him and I talked it over and we're fine so stop worrying about him and I." He got off of his bed and started walking around his room, running his hand through his hair. "Are you guys dating?"  He said looking out his window. "No. He did ask and I said no, he hurt me too much and he knows that. We agreed to have it like really old times, like before all the feelings." I said walking up to him. "Really?" He turned and faced me. I just nodded. "Do you think your guys feelings will ever come back?" "The pain will probably always be there, along with the memories but I will never date him." He just nodded and looked out the window again.
     We just looked out the window, holding hands untill he spoke up and looked at me. "I love you Lourdes." "I love you Sam." He shook his head no. "I don't think you understand, I'm in love with you." He spoke softly. I was in shock. I didn't think he had feelings for me like I did with him. "Lou?" He asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. "You okay?" He asked. I put my lips against his and he immediately kissed back.