Chapter 12 - Forgiving hugs & cries

"Lou, you go first." I nodded at Nate and handed Sam a large gift bag and a small box, with a letter taped to the front.
We're all at the O2L house, doing the secret Santa. Crawford wasn't able to come but the girls and Chris did. Crawf was apart of it but Chris brought his secret Santa gifts. It's later in the evening because we all went to our family and relatives this morning.
He opened up the box, taking the note off and placing it on his lap. He pulled out the blonde hair dye and smiled. "I'm doing this tonight, and your helping, I hope you know that." He said, smiling at me. I just nodded and laughed. He picked up the folded up shirt from the box and unfolded it. "I love it." He smiled. He turned it around to show everyone. A picture of us when we first met appeared, and a picture from a few weeks ago, when I came up behind him and gave him a hug to forgive him. Under the shirt it had the day we met, along with 'side by side or far apart, your the music in me.' He knew exactly what I meant by that quote. It's kind of 'our quote.' He's the only one that will watch HSM with me all day. Well besides the girls.
He went and unfolded the paper. Me being me, I wrote him a three page letter, front and back, about us, our relationship, past memories, me promising to tell the truth from now on, him always being there for me, and my love for him. He started getting tears in his eyes on the second page. The page I wrote about BamBam, I was being completely honest. "I love you." I whispered in his ear since I was sitting right next to him.
By the end of the letter, I felt a drop of water on our linked hands. He folded the letter and put it down. He engulfed me in a giant side hug as best as he can. I turned myself around so we could hug each other. "Thank you Lou, I love you." He whispered into my ear. "I know you needed it Sam. I love you so much." I said a bit louder. We stayed hugging each other until we heard a snap. Of course Kacey had her phone out, taking a picture. "Open up your gift." I told Sam. He just nodded, rubbing his face.
"A skateboard!" Sam said excitedly. "Now we can ride together." I told him with a smile. He nodded and said "thank you Lou." "Your welcome Sam." "I love you." "And I love you." I grabbed his hand.
Sam handed Kirisma her present. Lots of makeup with a bottle of body wash. "Thankyou." Kirisma told Sam. "Your welcome Kizzy." He told her.
She handed Kian his present. A fart machine, hella candy and a case for his phone. "Thank you." Kian told her laughing. Kian handed Jc his. A tux, with a bottle of adidas 'moves him' Cologne. My cologne. "You fucking suck Kian." I told Kian. Everyone laughed, knowing I love that Cologne. "Thankyou Kian." "Your welcome." Kian replied to Jc. Jc handed Sophia her present. A dolphin necklace, with earrings and a bracelet that matches.
Sophia handed a huge box to Amaya A 3 piece set from bath and body works, along with a candle. Amaya handed Nate his. This has to be great. A box of condoms, a pair of boxers and footie pajamas. He laughed, "thankyou Amaya!" "Your welcome BangBang." She laughed. Nate handed me a box, and a gift bag, along with a note. "Blame Amaya, she helped me." Nate laughed. "Hey!" Amaya smacked him in the arm since they sat next to each other. I just laughed and grabbed the thing wrapped up in tissue paper in the bag. A black shirt and white shorts. I opened up the shirt, the picture of me taking a selfie with condoms in the back. It was on Snapchat so on the picture it said 'right next to the candy asile.' Underneath the picture, it read 'BangBang in the room.' I remember this picture exactly.
Flashback
"Lourdes come here!" Nate yelled in 711. "What!" I yelled, walking towards him. "Look." He said pointing to the condoms. "Your fucking stupid." He just laughed and walked away to his mom . I got on Snapchat and took the selfie and wrote 'right next to the candy asile.' I saved the picture and sent it to Amaya and Kacey, telling them that BangBang showed it to me.
A while back, when I called  Nate BamBam, Amaya thought I called him BangBang so that's his nickname now.
I decided to open up the box, handing the note to Sam to hold. I pulled out a double picture frame. A picture from our first Christmas together, 7 years ago and next to it was the picture he made us take this morning. "I love it Nate." I looked up at him then back down, still admiring how much we changed in 7 years.
I finally set it down and got the note from Sam's hand. I unfolded it and started reading.
Dear Lourdes,
First thing, I love you so much. I'm sorry that I made you feel like I hurt you and got you into depression. You did not deserve that. If I would have known I caused it, I would have fixed it back then. But you lied to me and said it was Blake, along with other things. I hate that I made you depressed and I didn't know. I promise to make you happy, turn you back into the old Lou, into the junior high Lou. Only if you promise to be 100% honest with me. I won't push you to tell me everything, but just no more lies please. Amaya has helped me, so much. I owe her. But here it goes.
May 11th , my mom took Becky to the hospital, we spent the night together at Becky's house. I was your 'babysitter'
I'm sorry for locking you in the garage. I didn't realize you were cold. Don't look that shit up on there computer again please, even if it's all an insider from your 8th grade graduation party. I'm sorry for squirting you with the water bottle telling you to go to bed. But I know you Lou, it was a school night you should have been asleep by 11, instead you stayed up with me until 2:30am. I had to go to bed just so you went to bed.
The graduation party, the fire and your phone.
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have went through your phone with Nick. But the videos were very funny. You were so embarrassed, I'm sorry. Your fanfictions were weird but turned me on. You were so obsessed with Nick Jonas back then.
Now this next date, Amaya told me about and I'm so sorry, it never should have happened.
9/8 , the day you broke down at school thinking I had stomach cancer..
Amaya said that you seemed off to her at lunch. You finally pulled her aside and told her. You broke down and cried, Sophia came over and hugged you too. You didn't want to let go of either of them but you had to because the bell rang. You still sniffled when you were walking to pe. You told Olivia that morning, on the edge of crying but couldn't because it was in between classes.
I looked up at him, tears now coming down my face.
The fair. You pissed on the fucking tire. That was funny to watch you try climbing under the car but embarrising when you squatted and pissed on the tire because a group of people walked by.
I hope that this starts to prove that I'm trying to make your happy Again. I'm sorry that I made you feel like you had to become distant to your friends.Your friends are there for you, and have always been. They're your friends for a reason, they won't ever judge you. They can give you advice but they won't judge you. I'm sorry you felt like you had to have your whole world revolve around me. You should feel like yourself, around everyone, espically your friends. You shouldn't feel like you have to fight battles alone, or just with my presence.
When I found out I was 'BamBam' and I made you depressed and made you feel alone, I felt like crap. I hate that I caused all those tears and all the pain.
I love you so much Lourdes. I'm sorry you became depressed sophomore year. But that will change, starting now, I promise.
With all the love,
Nate(BangBang (Amaya and Olivia was here.))
I looked up at him, tears rolling down my cheeks, "I promise." I told him, standing up and walking towards him. He stood up also, engulfing me into a needed hug. I let the tears go. I felt his arm moving and then I felt many bodies around us. A giant group hug from my best friends, exactly what I needed.