Chapter 2

Seven years later. . .

Your head hurt. It was throbbing. Your body hurt. What was the last thing you remember?

Tenrou island.

S-Class trials.

Grimoire Heart.

A storm.

A dragon.

Acnologia.

And Laxus.

He returned. You were so happy.

"YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE FOR STEPPING FOOT ON THIS ISLAND WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE EXPELLED!" Makarov shouted at his grandson.

The next second Laxus was tackled by the Thunder Legion.

"I missed you so much!" Freed cried.

"I thought we'd never see you again!" Evergreen cried as well.

"Welcome back, buddy!" Bickslow said.

"Get off of me." Laxus growled.

After the trio calmed down, Laxus sensed that someone was staring at him. He looked over his shoulder and saw you staring at him with eyes full of tears, your body covered in bandages.

(Y/N). He thought. He stood up and walked towards you. Your body shook from trying to hold the tears in.

"Hey," He greeted, "been a while."

You nodded your head, not trusting yourself to speak.

"How have you been?"

You growled internally at the fact that he was trying to get you to talk. "Good." You mumbled, "I've missed you though."

"I missed you too." He gave a small smile, "More than you know."

"So, are you staying?" You were hesitant to ask, afraid of the answer.

Knowing what you really meant, Laxus sighed. "No, I'm still expelled." He wished it wasn't the case. He wished he was allowed back into Fairy Tail so he could be your boyfriend again.

But he wasn't.

You opened your mouth to respond, but a deafening dragon's roar interrupted you.

You slowly opened your eyes and found yourself staring at the clear blue sky.

Eventually, everyone gathered on the island and learned that after Acnologia's attack, First Master Mavis protected the island using Fairy Sphere. However, the spell took seven years to complete.

You've been on this island, asleep, for seven years.

A rescue team who just-so-happened to be nearby took everyone back to the guild.

Back home.

Only, Fairy Tail was now the weakest guild in Fiore.

A new guild, Sabertooth, held the title of the strongest guild.

Demanding to know how Fairy Tail could get their reputation back, Romeo told the returning members about the Grand Magic Games.

The GMG is a magic competition between the eight guilds that make it past the preliminary round.

The winner of the GMG gains the title of Fiore's Strongest Guild and a large jewel reward.

So, of course Makarov decided to participate.