Travelers

Bam. Mathias fell.
      The back of the gun slammed into the back of his head. Not dead, I hope. Just unconscious.
      I'm afraid to turn around, or move in that case. I see the mans shadow thrown onto the ground beside me. He's walking closer and then stops right before he gets into my peripheral vision.

      "Ah, shoot." A familiar Finnish accent said. "I didn't know, I swear!"
      Ah, Tino. I relax and turn to move to see him.
      "Tino" I say with a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that." He smiles at me, and then grabs Mathias' shoulders.
      "Grab his legs. It's getting dark so we'll need to get to cover soon." I stare at him for a few seconds, thinking about the wound on my leg. I limp over to Mathias and hope Finny doesn't notice. I grab his legs and slowly lift.
      "Where are we going?" I say after Fin starts to lead us somewhere.
      "A little camp I set up just before... Um, you know..."
      "Right. Have you heard anything about the others?" He doesn't respond. I'll take that as a no.

      We reach this little camp of his. Little my ass.
      "Jesus Christ, when did you have the time?" I say.
      "I've actually been here a while now, and plus, I'm excellent at surviving in these situations."
      Well, he wasn't wrong there. "So, what's with the limp, Lukas?"

      Dammit.

      "Nothing, just a little sore from walking is all..." I lie. He doesn't look content with my answer and walks over, pushing me back onto the thin mattress behind me. I flop down onto it with a wince.
      "Tell me what's wrong."
      "Alright, fine. I fell through the floor of an old building."
      "And?"
      "And it put a deep cut through my leg."
      "How did you get out?"
      "I was being chased and fled into a building without realizing someone else was in the building, and ran up to the third floor, falling through, and being found by Mathias."
      "Hm... How long have you been walking around?"
      "Me? About a month."

      He looks at me, surprised, then shakes his head as if shaking a thought away and pointing to my leg.
      "Let me see it."
      "What."
      "The cut. Let me take a look at how bad it is."
      I stare at him for a bit.
      "It goes far up my leg..."
      "Lukas Bondevik, I've known you for centuries. Quit being bashful and let me see the damn cut."
      Wow... been a while since I last heard him curse. And because of that, I know how serious he is. I carefully untie my hiking boots, and shimmy off my (might I add, ripped) jeans. Careful not to rip the fragile sewing... I turned my leg for him to see and he shown the light down. Gasping slightly, we were both taken aback from the condition.
      "My God, Lukas. It's nearly up your entire leg." He touches the sensitive skin and I wince a bit. A few trickles off blood are still leaking from the thin stitch work. The skin around it is red. That's good. Not infected and the blood is still flowing properly. Surprising, but that means that it's not as deep as the pain ensues. I sigh a little and lay on my back.
      "Well what now? Quit staring and hand me back my pants." I command. He sits next to me and lifts my shirt up a little.
      "Who did this?" Finland points to the stitch work.
      "Mathias." I reply.
      "It sucks." He commented. I glance at him and raise an eyebrow in a 'you don't say' fashion.
      "At least its something. Anyway, its the apocalypse. Not like there are Grade A hospitals and materials just laying about." I retort.
      "Yeah..." He gets up and tosses my pants to me and I carefully put them back on, and drift to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

IM SO SORRY FOR HOW LATE THIS IS. WRITERS BLOCK AND LIFE AND ANIME AND SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND I REALLY DO APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATENESS OF THIS PART!!!!!!
Please forgive me!!!!
Anyway, now that this is done... I'm not sure when I'll be able to post the next part or how long this entire thing will be. Or what exactly I'm going to be doing for the story...

.-.