28 Unexpected

"Do you really think it's ok kill me now?" I said not bothering to face him, instead I stared at the horizon.

"Ok? Explain to me what do you mean by ok."

"This." I held out the competitor ring. Louis's competitor ring.

"That's the competitor ring..."

For a moment he didn't say anything, a few seconds past a shocking expression flashed across his face as he backed up a few steps.

"When?!" The look on his face was priceless.

"When we shook hands. Though don't worry you have not lost your place in the game yet. In the rule book it says that the competitor ring has a life detecting system installed in it. Once the ring leaves the finger, the life sensing system will be still turned on for the next 24 hours and if the ring is not worn by the original owner till then, then you will be officially counted as lost."

"Then I can shoot you right now and take my ring back."

"Are you sure you want to do that? Even though the competitor ring is quite durable, but I am sure it won't survive a thousand feet drop. " I leaned my back against the railing.

"Are you threatening me?"

"No...I am threatening myself." I flashed a grin while looking towards the sky. Louis's expression tensed.

"Threatening yourself? Ling you are a man of surprises, but now I would like you better if you were less special." His lips curved into a snake like smile.

"You want to hear what I have to say?" I asked but I wasn't asking a question.

"How do you say that in English again...I am all ears."

"If you missed anything I am about to say, don't expect me to repeat it."

"Va bene." He cursed the stress bringing on his Italian side. What he meant was 'alright'.

"How about pointing your gun at other direction first. It's not like I have wings."

"I suppose you are right. Though I would love to see you fly." He pointed his gun at the ground.

"Maybe another time, maybe never. So here's the deal..." I cleared my throat before I spoke again.

"Let's forget all this happened and both exit this building and turn our back on each other and walk a thousand miles in opposite directions."

"This plans sounds like a pizza all for yourself, and I don't get a single wedge. And I like my slice now and hot." He grunted though his expression showed none of it.

"There is still plenty of time, the pizza is still in the oven." I said.

"I would like to have a pre-tasting."

"There is a saying in Chinese, 'an impatient heart will not eat the hot tofu'." I replied in a cool way.

"It was pizza a moment ago, now its tofu." Louis said questionably.

"Doesn't matter what food it is, you are going to burn your tongue for being impatient."

"I am used to it."

"Well here's the dish. We part ways at this building and you can have one of your bodyguards to follow me and I will give him your competitor ring at a certain place."

"Ling." He said coldly.

"You like the taste of it?" I replied.

"How long have we known each other?"