25 Bath

Yumi's house 1:05 p.m.

I was having the struggle of my life with a piece of clothing. I stumbled all the way across my room fighting the Yukata before finally learning to give up. The scrap of cloth had beaten me and very little in the world could say that. I decided (of my own choosing and free will) to wear a white T-shirt with the Yukata dangling overtop. I had gone only a few steps into the hallway when a voice stopped me.

"I knew you didn't know how to put on a Yukata." Yumi sighed.

"I admit it, I don't know how to wear a Yukata. So what now?"

"I thought you would be one of those people who hate admitting their mistakes."

"Denial you mean. I find it funny when there is solid evidence against those beliefs. But I am not one of those people, a mistake is a mistake. So laugh all you want."

She remained emotionless and moved towards me until there is barely any space between the two of us. Before I could say a word, her hands were moving over me. She grabbed the right side of my Yukata and pull it to the left. Then with some fast reactions she pulled the left side of my Yukata to the right.

"Remember the left goes on the top and the right goes on the bottom." She lifted up her head and looked me in the eye from close range.

"Oh, ok." I nodded.

"And you're not supposed to wear anything underneath the Yukata beside your underwear."

"Oh."

"Pass it to me." she said.

"Pass...what?" I stuttered.

"Pass me the rope of the Yukata." She sounded a little impatient this time.

"Oh." I held out my right hand as she took the rope from my hands. Before I could say another word, she put one arm behind my back as she tied the rope around my waist twice before making a double knot facing forward.

"Remember to wrap the rope around your waist twice before making a double knot." She said as she turned around and she lowered her head then muttered something to quiet to hear.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"No, not at all. The bath is ready. Don't pull the drain after you are done, because the water can still be reused."

"Is there anything else?"

"The bath is located in the right wing of the building, and put your Yukata in the basket rack on the right. The towels are on the left rack. Bring the small towel with you into the bath, the big towel is for drying."

"Oh, ok. And...thanks for helping me put on the Yukata."

"You're welcome." As she turned around and walked away.

After she was out of sight I continued towards the bath. Inside I did as Yumi requested and put my Yukata and clothes into the one of the baskets and grabbed a small towel from the left rack. I slid open another door and entered the bath. The tub was like a mini pool, I couldn't see how deep it was with the bubbles swirling around everywhere. I set my left foot cautiously into the pool as warmth swarmed around my foot. The water was hot but wasn't too bad if I slowly slipped into it. Slowly I submerged my body as heat wrapped my body...This is life...life is good...though I have a feeling times like this aren't going to last long...