Part 2

It was already day four of school. I missed the home alone parties as much as the girls missed their summer lovers. God, how I wanted everything with school to blow away. It was impossible for me to get higher grades until the end of the year and I wasn't the only one who knew I needed better grades. My teacher had called me up to meet up before lunch to talk about what we could do to help me. Honestly, I didn't want to talk about it at all, but I guess it was my duty as a student. Besides, there was no way I wanted to make any drama out of it. If I did, I would've been the one everyone would gossip about, which was the worst thing that could happen. I was just going to do the same thing every student do when they talk with a teacher; nod like I understood and say "yeah" to whatever he said.

"Come on in," Mr. Hedkins answered after my knock on the door. I entered the classroom and sat down on of the chairs in the front. It stayed silent a few minutes as he looked through his map full of papers. I looked around in the room in awkwardness, tapping my fingernails on the desk. It was totally impossible to breath normally due to the dry air in the room and the extremely uncomfortable atmosphere.

"So," Mr. Hedkins suddenly spoke out, making my heart jump, "I've been looking through a few of your tests from last year and," he took off his glasses dramatically.

"It's not good, to be honest," I rolled my eyes and accidentally let out a single chuckle. Of course I knew the results from last year were horrible, like, it wasn't new to me.

"This is really serious, (Y/N)," he busted out.

"These," he showed me a paper with text on, "These may look like garbage to you, but they're actually your future. This 'garbage' is going to be your final exam at the end of this school year and as a teacher, I want to help my students to walk out of this school graduated," his voice was deep and strong. Again, I rolled my eyes, leaning back in the chair.

"I know you're not interested, but I've already found a tutor to you," Mr. Hedkins said. Your body sat straight in the chair automatically in shock.

"No, you didn't," I tried to convince myself that it wasn't true.

"I did and it's a really good one too," he kept nodding in repeat. How badly I wanted to slap him was unbelievable. People would totally look at me like a nerd. A tutor? There was no way I was going to sit voluntary at the library and read about how Indians played with sticks a thousand years ago.

"I'm not doing it," I refused with crossed arms. Mr. Hedkins shook his head.

"I've already talked to your parents," he paused. "Your first lesson with the tutor is tomorrow after school," I stood up from the chair, but kept my mouth shut. I grabbed my purse and walked towards the door.

"You'll thank me later," he said before the door closed after I tramped out of the room.