Part 4

The door closed behind me, making a huge noise. People, including the library lady, turned around and gave me a death glare. I didn't care if I interrupted someone, but I was scared of being recognized even though my face was covered under the hood on my hoodie.

My feet wandered around to look for the tutor who actually agreed to help me. No one even cared to look up at me again as they had brought their faces back in their books. Suddenly, someone poked my shoulder. I quickly turned around, gasping as my insides jumped. It was him. His black eye had become more visible since I saw him in the classroom earlier.

"(Y/N), am I right?" He asked and formed a smile, showing off his braces. I nodded shortly. "Mr. Hedkins asked me to, uhm, help you with stuff," he said, more shyly this time. His hand reached out towards me, "I'm Niall." I looked down on his hand. I just stood there, not even bothering to reach out to greet him politely. Niall pulled his hand back slowly. An awkward silence circled around us, making us stand there like two morons.

"Well, eh, shall we sit down?" He pulled out a chair for me. Niall seemed like a real gentleman, and hadn't it been for his nerdy look I would totally go for it, but in this situation I chose not to. He was one of the unpopular kids and if someone even saw us together, I could say goodbye to the popularity.

I looked around, searching for a more hid place to sit. A table behind a bookshelf caught my eye.

"Let's sit over there instead," I ordered and pointed over to the hidden table.

"SHHH," I heard the library lady hush at me from her desk. I turned and gave her a careless glare. Niall pulled at my shoulders, trying to drag me with him. He was stronger than I thought and made my body turn around easily. "You have to be quiet or we'll be kicked out," he warned me. I cocked my eyebrow, showing him how much I really didn't care.

"The chair," my finger pointed down on it while my eyes stared in his direction as we had made it to the table. Again, he pulled a chair out for me and I sat down. He sat down beside me and opened a book. "We can start with history, or what d-do you think?" He stuttered. I could see and hear how nervous he was, due to his shaking hands and shivering voice.

"Whatever," I responded and crossed my arms, leaning back in the chair. Wow, this was going to be fun.
The clocked ticked slowly. It had just been 20 minutes, but felt like two hours.

"How long are we going to sit here?" I yelped. His head rose up from the book and looked at me.

"The lessons usually last in,-" my yawn interrupted his sentence. He sat there a couple of seconds and stared me down before he shook his head.

"As I was saying; the lessons usually last in an hour or two."

"But since it's my first time I can go early? Wow, thank y-," I was about to stand up, but his hand took a tightened grip around my arm, pulling me back in the chair. His knuckles turned white. Pain spread around my arm, making the blood struggle to stream thought my arm as the rest of it started to turn blue and purple. I couldn't understand how much a little grip around my arm could hurt this much. Tiny whimpers left my mouth now and then. My eyes finally found Niall's and I saw his blue eyes turn from dominant to soft.
His hand shortly loosened and let my arm go. I looked at him in shock and tried to stroke the pain away from my arm. He was pretty rough and strong to be a nerd. I could feel the blood in my arm start to pump intensely. His eyes were burning into my skin as well, just by looking at me, making the situation more uncomfortable than it already was.

"You can go," he muttered after leaving us in another awkward silence. I slowly stood up again, afraid that he would grip my arm a second time. Fortunately, he didn't. My feet walked out in no time. I kept throwing my eyes over my shoulders to see if he walked behind me, but in my luck, he wasn't. I couldn't understand how and why, but Niall wasn't as innocent as I thought he would be. In fact, the boy scared me somehow and I've been with a lot of bad boys throughout the years. I swear, this transferred nerd was more special than any other geek I've shared classes with. What made him so special?